Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Has Gus lost the plot we are lacking goals not letting them in,the defence is fine the forwards are not good enough

Building for the future....

......A future in the prem

Starting August 2013

Maybe arsenal will show how much we lack in defence.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
So if they 'value' him at £20m, and they sell him for half that. What happens to that £10m difference on their balance sheets? POOF! Gone?

It was a joke....

There is cost and fair value but footballers are only ever held at cost, and amortised over their contract life.

What they value the player at is irrelevant in financial statement terms.

Ulloa

cost: £3m
contract purchase date approx 01/01/2013: 4.5 years (54 months)
Y/e 30 June 2013
amortisation per month: £55,556
Value in accounts at 30/06/2013: £2,666,667

If we value him at £12 million, the value in accounts is the same. If we sell him at 30/06/2013 for £4M, we would recognise net of (£4m - £2.67M) as profit

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The question is will we return with a second bid for this player?

This quote
Richard van Elsacker, Groningen's press officer, revealed to The Argus: "We can confirm there was a bid, which was made between yesterday and today, but we are not confirming the amount of the bid.

"We have rejected the bid and our intention is for Virgil to play here for the rest of the season. He is one of our key players and we don't want to lose him during the winter period."

makes me think that we might try again, but not necessarily this January.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This quote
Richard van Elsacker, Groningen's press officer, revealed to The Argus: "We can confirm there was a bid, which was made between yesterday and today, but we are not confirming the amount of the bid.

"We have rejected the bid and our intention is for Virgil to play here for the rest of the season. He is one of our key players and we don't want to lose him during the winter period."

makes me think that we might try again, but not necessarily this January.

I think it would be harder for us to sign him in the summer, 6 months on he'll be on more teams radars, plus EVERY team looks to strengthen in the summer , not so many in January so we have less competition at the moment.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Has Gus lost the plot we are lacking goals not letting them in,the defence is fine the forwards are not good enough

Yes he's completely lost it.Why would any manager want to enhance his squad by signing a quality youngster? It's true Gus is officially barking.....for fucks sake:facepalm:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

I must admit I am slightly concerned if Walcott gets a free run at our centre backs after the Watford kiddy skinned them.

This. If I was wenger I'd be starting with walcott & giroud up top, without a second of hesitation. Our biggest frailty is pacy strikers and defending set pieces. He surely has to really go for the fa cup, given the pressure he's under to win a trophy, and that'll mean he has to put out a strong side.

Mutts Nutts is a parody account, I'm beginning to think. Nobody can be that stupid, surely. Ignore him and let him :fishing:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here