Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vintage video - Millwall v Brighton 1991-92 (14 mins)

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
http://www.viddler.com/explore/seagullstv/videos/24/

This is from 'Midweek Sports Special' - cracking atmosphere at The Den! I think the goals are on YouTube but I don't think the full match highlights from the telly are. As you can see, the Albion played really well.

For more vintage Albion footage please visit Seagulls TV - Relive the Glory Years of 1976-83

This video is culled from a VHS tape that Cappers kindly lent me earlier this week. If any other NSCers have any Albion-related videos that I could borrow, please PM me!

D

Deleted member 2719

One of the best matches i have been to, the tension and the stakes were so high and the Millwall were go mental.
I really don't remember there being any gaps in the terrace at the end and i thought we were held in for half an hour or so ,(so no one could have left yet) where was everyone the loo's???

Whatever some say about Barry lloyd he was a loyal and very good manager IMO.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
One of the best matches i have been to, the tension and the stakes were so high and the Millwall were go mental.
I really don't remember there being any gaps in the terrace at the end and i thought we were held in for half an hour or so ,(so no one could have left yet) where was everyone the loo's???

Whatever some say about Barry lloyd he was a loyal and very good manager IMO.

I think you might confusing this with the second leg of the Play Offs. THis was the league game the season after.

D

Deleted member 2719

I think you might confusing this with the second leg of the Play Offs. THis was the league game the season after.

:facepalm: I really should not be posting just before i go to work!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Amazing only one player was booked after that bust-up. The Millwall fella kicking Chivers' legs from under him would have got a guaranteed red these days.

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
I was forbidden from going to this game by my dear old ma on account of Millwall's fearsome reputation. Went anyway of course, and my 3 mates and I did indeed get the crap beaten out of us after the game. Splendid.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
One of the very few away wins that season, and that kit! Still sends shivers down me every time I see it.

Yep bloody awful season... went to quite a few away games that season and saw no wins at all.
Notably the FA Cup match at Bolton in freezing wet conditions, and the end of season relegation party at Ipswich, where we out-sang them despite them having just won the league.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Definite penalty not given to us for handball on the line. (6:30)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Notably the FA Cup match at Bolton in freezing wet conditions...

My most miserable game as a Brighton fan: terrible game, terrible stadium, terrible weather. And my dad was taken ill a few days later and died that week. I remember describing the game to him on his sickbed

It's the season I want to forget.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I swear on the corner kick at about 6ish mins when there keeper pulls off a "brilliant save" its actually the defenders hand!! SAME OLD MILWALL! :tantrum:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
One of the very few away wins that season, and that kit! Still sends shivers down me every time I see it.

i love that kit, my fav of all time :albion1:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here