Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vintage Albion Kit

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Before I eBay it View attachment 186954
View attachment 186955

Can't remember who asked or what thread it was on so using this one but I've decided to let go of my 91-93 training pre match warm up top.
It obviously has a few age related marks but perfectly wearable perish the thought! It's 100% cotton not this modern day pish.
If you're the person that asked or just interested just PM me your offer, please note anything under £175 will be tutted at, it's Ribero at its best even after 30 years.

View attachment 186956
Chucked one of them in a skip recently… couldn’t get past the red/blue combination!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
@Superphil will know, if anyone does.

My guess is, the Bukta shirts, made from a coarser variant of nuclear resistant plastic designed as whale netting, will outlast all of us. Before that everything was just wool or cotton. Cashmere if you were top 6 maybe!
IMG_0814.JPG

@Superphil will know, if anyone does.

My guess is, the Bukta shirts, made from a coarser variant of nuclear resistant plastic designed as whale netting, will outlast all of us. Before that everything was just wool or cotton. Cashmere if you were top 6 maybe!
Indeed, these little beauties and the cockroaches will be all that survive the apocalypse. Absolute anoraks will no doubt note that this is from 1977-78, with the v insert rather than the open v neck as worn in the first season in the first division.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The oldest one on my site is Wardys debut Umbro shirt from 1976, along with his home shirt from the same season. He sent me the photos, so I know they are genuine.

View attachment 163157 View attachment 163158

But there is also a shirt on my site, which is said to be from 1971, a Bukta shirt sold as a replica, and still in it's bag, price £5.50. We did have Bukta as supplier then, so it could well be.

View attachment 163159

I've not been to the club museum yet, from the photos I've seen I can't spot any shirts older than the FA Cup final.
Now those are what l call vintage shirts!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
View attachment 186961

Indeed, these little beauties and the cockroaches will be all that survive the apocalypse. Absolute anoraks will no doubt note that this is from 1977-78, with the v insert rather than the open v neck as worn in the first season in the first division.
Mine must be later then, open V and short sleeve, also has a white panel red No5 sewn on the back.

Attachments

• IMG_7354.jpeg
    IMG_7354.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 31

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here