Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vinnie Jones

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
All I can say / do is offer my best wishes to anyone so affected by this and especially to those Big Board members.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lord Bracknell reveals five months of treatment concludes next Tuesday, with his final radiotherapy session.

All he has to look forward to now is Christmas shopping, with no excuses to stay at home "battling bravely". The curious thing is that battling or bravery doesn't seem to have been on the agenda at all. And fear of the process disappeared a long time ago.

As Mr Tubthumper says, folk can be very supportive. Thanks, chums.

Great news LB. Well done.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lord Bracknell reveals five months of treatment concludes next Tuesday, with his final radiotherapy session.

All he has to look forward to now is Christmas shopping, with no excuses to stay at home "battling bravely". The curious thing is that battling or bravery doesn't seem to have been on the agenda at all. And fear of the process disappeared a long time ago.

As Mr Tubthumper says, folk can be very supportive. Thanks, chums.

Really pleased to hear this Ed. Great news mate. :)

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Seriously . . . tell me who has been cured with that tosh? I'm a pharmacologist and I give you Steve McQueen (laetrile). If you're ill, go see a doctor.

"There is no scientific evidence to support claims that laetrile or amygdalin can treat cancer or any other illness."

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/can.../complementary-alternative/therapies/laetrile

FFS!

Firstly, Steve Mcqueen tried alternative medicines at the last stage of his cancer when traditional medicine had failed so I don't know why you would mention him.

Secondly that information on the cancer research uk website is wrong. Apricot kernels may be poisonous in large amounts. However they say it can be fatal to ingest 50 to 60. I ate hundreds, probably 10 times that amount, about 8 years ago and I'm still here. In fact I had no adverse side effects from eating them at all.

My approach to cancer was, and still is, to go down the route of traditional medicine but to explore alternative routes as well (not at the expense of traditional). The main issue I have is that my surgeon just wants to get rid of the cancer without looking at the bigger picture. He would send me to MRIs, PET scans etc until the cows come home knowing that would have an adverse effect on my general health. Even knowing that those scans have a terrible record in finding the disease.

So I think you cannot put yourself completely under their care as what may be a success to them is not necessarily a success for you.

Good luck to everyone fighting this disease.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All the very best to the folks up against cancer on here. I lost my Mum to it last year which propelled me on a search to find my real Father. After 30 years of no contact I found and met him this January only to find out he has cancer too. But his chances are improving week by week. Strength and honour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here