Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincelot could still have a role to play according to Gus

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Errr

Albion: (4-3-3) Kuszczak (GK); Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Bridge; Bridcutt, Harley (Calderon 55), Dicker (Agdestein 66); Barnes, VICENTE, Noone.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
we can only put 11 players on the pitch. Given the vast amount of similar midfield players that we have , it's hardly suprising that one of them was going to be sent away on loan

True - but to not even be considered for the squad is a bit harsh.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I would read into that, that he wants out as he is being ignored !!!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The only reason Poyet has said this, is because if he goes to Gillingham and starts pulling up trees, we can take him back and play him without losing any face. As someone else said, the fact he wasn't even deemed good enough to be given a squad number says it all.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The only reason Poyet has said this, is because if he goes to Gillingham and starts pulling up trees, we can take him back and play him without losing any face. As someone else said, the fact he wasn't even deemed good enough to be given a squad number says it all.

If he's out on loan until January, can we recall him before then? I suspect if he does well, then Gillingham will make an offer for him in January (or another team) which will be good business as he can leave on a Bosman next June.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Can we nip this in the bud before people spout crap. Seeing a different team will mean mentality-wise, like coming out of the blocks faster as we have been slow at starting recently. That is what was meant. Not, a completely different 11. And for the last bloody time we are not in any stretch of the imagination defensive.

Not defensive? Forgive me if I disagree won't you. If we start with the same team against Leeds as turned out at Blackpool we will lose, different mindset or not..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he's out on loan until January, can we recall him before then? I suspect if he does well, then Gillingham will make an offer for him in January (or another team) which will be good business as he can leave on a Bosman next June.

Yes, he can be recalled after 28 days into the loan as this is a short term 'emergency' loan. Also the loan could well be converted into a full season loan on Jan 1st, which would mean no recall after the Jan transfer window shuts.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
According to today's Argus. Am I alone in finding this statement a little strange?

He hasn't even been given a squad number and as far as I am aware hasn't been in any of the 1st team squads this season.

He scores a goal from midfield in his 1st game since his two month loan and Gus comes out with this?

I know Gus can be a little off the wall sometimes but unless he was specifically asked about him by an Argus journalist I just find it a bit bizarre that he'd suddenly come out with this, especially as Vincelot is gone for two months :shrug:

I'd really have preferred to have heard something from him about Hoskins or Vicente tbh

Are you just going by the headline? Because the headline seems to have taken what reads to me as a political(?) answer and turned it into something more substantial. I think the key thing is when the article says:

He told The Argus: “It depends on what he does and how he plays and what we need at the time.

“I always say when players are under contract there is always a chance because you don’t know what is going to happen. Maybe you get a virus and have ten players out.​

Sounds to me like he is just politely answering the question "will vincelot play for the albion again?" with an honest, pragmatic answer. There's no ill will, he has no reason to say absolutely not, but there are circumstance in which it may happen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The fact that the loan is until Jan 1st, and not the full 93 days suggestes to me that it will be extended to a full season loan on that date, as we could recall him and sell if a bid came in for him in January.

If the loan is extended, then with his contract expiring at the end of the season, to me it looks like we have seen the last of Vinelot at the albion.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Probably the ultimate insult for a player. Honesty at its best or poor man management?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here