Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincelot could still have a role to play according to Gus

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
According to today's Argus. Am I alone in finding this statement a little strange?

He hasn't even been given a squad number and as far as I am aware hasn't been in any of the 1st team squads this season.

He scores a goal from midfield in his 1st game since his two month loan and Gus comes out with this?

I know Gus can be a little off the wall sometimes but unless he was specifically asked about him by an Argus journalist I just find it a bit bizarre that he'd suddenly come out with this, especially as Vincelot is gone for two months :shrug:

I'd really have preferred to have heard something from him about Hoskins or Vicente tbh

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
According to today's Argus. Am I alone in finding this statement a little strange?

He hasn't even been given a squad number and as far as I am aware hasn't been in any of the 1st team squads this season.

He scores a goal from midfield in his 1st game since his two month loan and Gus comes out with this?

I know Gus can be a little off the wall sometimes but unless he was specifically asked about him by an Argus journalist I just find it a bit bizarre that he'd suddenly come out with this, especially as Vincelot is gone for two months :shrug:

I'd really have preferred to have heard something from him about Hoskins or Vicente tbh

then take it he was asked..would be hardly surprising ..as you stated the guy scored in his first match etc...cant c why your making such a fuss tbh

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know what the contract situation is, but it just could be about money and pre transfer posturing.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Typical Gus I think. He always likes to keep us guessing. What's the betting that he starts with an unchanged team on Friday, or one that is defensively set up, despite what he said earlier about our seeing a different team against Leeds?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
...cant c why your making such a fuss tbh

Not making a fuss, Gus has lots of nice things to say about him too. I'd suggest that players with a chance should at least have a squad number, seems quite disprespectful to not give them one if they are in with any chance of playing...not great man management imo, that's all.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Everyone on the clubs books could have a role. Gus is just not ruling anything out which I think is fair to the player and the club.
if he proves to be brilliant at Gillingham, we get a few injuries, Gus would want a fit and motivated Vincelot back and playing for us.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Typical Gus I think. He always likes to keep us guessing. What's the betting that he starts with an unchanged team on Friday, or one that is defensively set up, despite what he said earlier about our seeing a different team against Leeds?

If he does that and we lose or games follow similar trend to recently then I think Gus is going to come in for the most criticism since he joined. Be interesting how he handles it should this happens. I'm pretty sure the toys will come out

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Headed goals

Who last scored a headed goal for us from a deep cross? (PS: like Grandin did.)

PS: Who last scored two goals in the same game from midfield? (Not against us like Navarro, who does not seem to be in the Swindon team at the moment.)

Dec 29, 2011

PS: Who last scored two goals in the same game from midfield? (Not against us like Navarro, who does not seem to be in the Swindon team at the moment.)

Think Navs might still be injured.. but that's just a hunch.

Two goals, Vicente vs. Pompey and Sparrow vs. S'ton?

Don't know who scored the header, I'm gonna guess Vincelot because he's decent at heading.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Mat Sparrow? - doh! so slow!

D

Deleted member 22389

Found it really strange when Vincelot was dropped. Same for Sparrow. From what I saw of Vincelot last season, I thought he was a very good player. He is far too good for League 2 and League 1 in my opinion. Get him back Gus.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Found it really strange when Vincelot was dropped. Same for Sparrow. From what I saw of Vincelot last season, I thought he was a very good player. He is far too good for League 2 and League 1 in my opinion. Get him back Gus.

They were both prone to red & yellow cards. Discipline is something that has improved immensely this season although Bridcutt & Bare are on 4 yellows atm.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What number did Vince have against Swindon? Still very surprised at him being in the team that day instead of Hull A.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Thought Vincelot was very unlucky to be frozen out the way he has.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Thought Vincelot was very unlucky to be frozen out the way he has.

we can only put 11 players on the pitch. Given the vast amount of similar midfield players that we have , it's hardly suprising that one of them was going to be sent away on loan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here