Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincelot & Bridcutt in midfield 442?

Stockseagull

Dec 2, 2011
Peak District
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4551612 said:
Roman and Liam in the middle of the park? Do yo think it could work?

..................... Ankergren .......................

Reyes ........ Greer ...... Dunk ......... Tarrico

Buckley ..... Bridcutt .... Vincelot ...... Noone

.................. Hoskins ... CMS ....................

Bench: Brez, Calderon, Navarro, Lua Lua, Barnes

Vicente should be in for Noone - as Gus should learn that he cant play with two wingers and have two up front. Midfield is where the battle is won. If no Vicente, then Harley. Certainly Hoskins working behind CMS is where it is at. Billy Barndoor ciao. League 1 is where you are effective and where you need to go next.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I'd take Vincelot over Navarro any day - I'm sorry to say but think Navarro is out of his depth in this league and is a contributing factor to why we are regularly getting overrun in the midfield since he has been back in the team. He chases shadows, doesn't win enough tackles and he gives the ball away or gets caught in possession too easily. Sorry but just my opinion.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
--------------Ankergen
Reyes----Greer----Dunk----Tarrico
-------------Bridcutt---------------
---------Sparrow---Vincelot------
Buckley--------------------Vicente (natural position LW)
--------------CMS-----------------

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4551612 said:
Roman and Liam in the middle of the park? Do yo think it could work?

..................... Ankergren .......................

Reyes ........ Greer ...... Dunk ......... Tarrico

Buckley ..... Bridcutt .... Vincelot ...... Noone

.................. Hoskins ... CMS ....................

Bench: Brez, Calderon, Navarro, Lua Lua, Barnes

I have been saying this from day 1 the only difference that I would have is in the subs I would have El Abd in there instead of Calderon. Midfield is Vincelots best position the problem is utility players sometimes have problems showing their best position. How do you fit Harley and Vicente into this team?

jayjaybhafc

Jul 24, 2010
I was actually very impressed with Navarro on Saturday, he rarely gave the ball away. Looking forward to when he can last an entire 90

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
3 4 3 let's play to our strengths

:facepalm: yes and lets be open to attack where are defence have real trouble atm with 4 defenders,
In our last ten games we have conceded:
I think defending is our strength.
I don't think we have trouble with our defence, and don't forget El abd is almost back!
and by contrast in the last ten we have scored:
I do not feel that this is a problem either as Gus is setting us up not to concede, and building from that to score a goal or two, he has said from the beginning that we do not play in 4-3 games. we did this very well last season, and at the start of this season. We had a little blip in form where it wasn't working, but now i think we are defending VERY well, and with that foundation in place Gus can push on and start sorting out the attackers so we are more creative with the ball, and we will start to have more shots and as a result more goals. I am happy with the way Gus works, and am confident we will surpass expectations this season and finish in the top ten.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I was actually very impressed with Navarro on Saturday, he rarely gave the ball away. Looking forward to when he can last an entire 90

I just don't believe that.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I do not feel that this is a problem either as Gus is setting us up not to concede, and building from that to score a goal or two, he has said from the beginning that we do not play in 4-3 games. we did this very well last season, and at the start of this season. We had a little blip in form where it wasn't working, but now i think we are defending VERY well, and with that foundation in place Gus can push on and start sorting out the attackers so we are more creative with the ball, and we will start to have more shots and as a result more goals. I am happy with the way Gus works, and am confident we will surpass expectations this season and finish in the top ten.

you dont get to many games do you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here