Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa ticket sales suspended!

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
:thumbsup:
or you could just get a life and not get over excited about a game we will probably loose.f*** sake,I pay good money to see the Albion win not to go orgasmic over the opposition or a nice ground.
A ticket for a ground we wont visit again for a while is a bonus but missing out is not the end of the world.

I have a nice life thankyou, I'm not over excited about this game, in fact as a STH I and my sons have chosen not to go leaving three tickets for those who do.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
Read my post regarding a loyalty system.

My only point was that a system that allows a fair distribution of tickets is completely different from the cards that supermarkets operate.

Supermarket cards (from what I understand) are really just a saving system.

Football cards need to measure "how good a fan you are", which is quite different.

so to sum it up then i have missed 1 home game this season and im not a good fan. im so dissapointed with myself im going to send myself to bed and hope the wife gives me a good spanking. fat chance!

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
villa this villa that what time this what time that how why what ..f***ing hell..change the bloody record someone :shootself

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
so to sum it up then i have missed 1 home game this season and im not a good fan. im so dissapointed with myself im going to send myself to bed and hope the wife gives me a good spanking. fat chance!

I have absolutely no idea how that relates to anything I have said, in actual fact quite the opposite.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
The major problem with the current set-up is that some people think they "deserve" a ticket, for whatever reason. Do they think that people who went to Glastonbury last year 'deserve' a ticket for this year more than anyone else? What about someone who bought a Nintendo DS, do they 'deserve' a Wii more than someone who didn't? Nobody DESERVES a ticket to ANYTHING. People want tickets. They do not need them, and certainly are not entitled to them, no matter how many games they've watched in the past, home or away.

The club already reward Season Ticket Holders - they get a per-match discount for home games. They are guaranteed a specific seat, which they have some choice over. Why should ANYTHING else be given FOR FREE from the club? Anyone without a Season Ticket has to pay a per-match premium to attend. A non-STH attending every game will pay more to the club than the STH in the seat nextdoor. EVERYONE has the OPTION to buy a Season Ticket, and will benefit in the long-term from the discount. AWAY GAMES DO NOT COUNT AS PART OF THE SEASON TICKET!

IF the club feel they want to reward loyalty (ie people who attend the most games) then allowing people to buy a membership is not the solution - it doesn't reward anthing. A points system as proposed earlier would do so, and could be set up in Excel in an afternoon.

If the club had the loyalty=points=tickets system then they wouldn't have made ANY money from those joining/upgrading membership for 1 game. I'd be interested to know how much has been made through this after the Villa game was announced. If the schemes had been closed to new members/upgrades (as many people seem to suggest) then NONE of this extra cash would've come into the club.

Personally I would put ALL tickets on general sale, first come first served. This is what nearly all other industries do when ticketing. Why do football fans think that the clubs actually care who actually buys things?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
It appears the loyalty points is feature that is already set up - if you log into your online tickets, click purchase history on the left a list of the games you have been to comes up (assuming the ticket was purchased through the club and not on the day/pay on gate) to the right of this is a column with loyalty which would be where the 'loyalty' points would be put.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
IF the club feel they want to reward loyalty (ie people who attend the most games) then allowing people to buy a membership is not the solution - it doesn't reward anthing. A points system as proposed earlier would do so, and could be set up in Excel in an afternoon.

Brilliant - run the ticket system on a spreadsheet. It's so obviously the way forward, how can it not have been thought of, and implemented before now?

Personally I would put ALL tickets on general sale, first come first served. This is what nearly all other industries do when ticketing. Why do football fans think that the clubs actually care who actually buys things?

Really? Most other and broadly similar forms of entertainment that I can think of have various groups that benefit from pre-sale and, quite often, those groups have paid to have that benefit.

Nearly all music gigs of any substance will have pre-sales to those who have joined some form of official fan scheme with, as above, a membership fee associated with it.

Hell, I even get access to pre-sales and/or preferred seating because of the specifics of an American Express card I hold.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A points system as proposed earlier would do so, and could be set up in Excel in an afternoon.

It couldn't.

For all it's power, one thing Excel isn't is a database.

People use it as such, but at number crunching thousands of rows it's pants.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why oh Why oh Why couldn't we have been knocked out in the first two rounds to save ourselves all this stress and anguish.

Irrespective of what system is used, if demand is greater than supply, then some people won't get a ticket. Their choices are

1: Get over it (I didn't get one for West Ham for example via the system in place at the time)
2: Bitch incessantly on NSC
3: Get one off a tout

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Why oh Why oh Why couldn't we have been knocked out in the first two rounds to save ourselves all this stress and anguish.

Irrespective of what system is used, if demand is greater than supply, then some people won't get a ticket. Their choices are

1: Get over it (I didn't get one for West Ham for example via the system in place at the time)
2: Bitch incessantly on NSC
3: Get one off a tout

4: Buy one of the THOUSANDS available in the Villa end, and don't behave like a twat during the game.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Brilliant - run the ticket system on a spreadsheet. It's so obviously the way forward, how can it not have been thought of, and implemented before now?

Really? Most other and broadly similar forms of entertainment that I can think of have various groups that benefit from pre-sale and, quite often, those groups have paid to have that benefit.

Nearly all music gigs of any substance will have pre-sales to those who have joined some form of official fan scheme with, as above, a membership fee associated with it.

Hell, I even get access to pre-sales and/or preferred seating because of the specifics of an American Express card I hold.

Having worked in Event ticketing ANY sort of 'priority booking period' creates problems. Those that have been given priority complain that their tickets aren't ready for immediate dispatch, or the period isn't long enough, or they haven't been told, or weren't told early enough, or that they can't reserve tickets for payment at a later date, or that they've missed the period altogether and can't get tickets. Those who miss out complain that the system is unfair, there aren't enough tickets left, they weren't told about the priortiy period, why can't the rules be bent/changed 'just this once'....

It's a nightmare to administer - are the people being given priority entitled to it? How many tickets are they allowed to buy? When does the period start/end? When should tickets be sent out? How should people 'prove' their priority?

It's a hell of a lot easier and simpler to operate a 'first come, first served' system. Everyone has the same chance as everyone else, you sell tickets to the people at the front of the queue and work back from there, you stop selling when you run out. If you miss out, sorry- sold out, better luck next time. None of this 'you could have bought earlier if...' malarky. None of this 'but I've been a member for longer than them' bollocks.

As has been pointed out the Albion struggle with ticketing on many occasions. Why not use the simplest to explain, easiest to administer, fairest system available?

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Who said they were struggling? The struggle is the fans trying to get one when they should just abide by the system set out if they then miss out, tough tickets for any big event are hard to get hold of e.g world cup

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
What fun reading a good ol' NSC binfest over ticketing. I've enjoyed reading every page during my lunch hour. It will probably be more entertaining than the football at Villa Park. :lolol: Anyway, just as I turned to page 11, I got a text from the club thanking me for purchasing my BHAFC vs Villa tickets and giving me my seat details. (postal application, sent last Thursday). So as far as I am concerned, the system is perfect. However, if the text had said `you have been unsuccessful in your application`, I'd have been furious at the crap, inefficient system which had let me and so many others down.
If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, perhaps a beautiful system is in the eye of the ticket holder. See you all (or most of you) at Villa. :wave:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I still doubt we'll sell 6,400k, anyone who wants a ticket will surely end up with one once the club get on top of the applications.

TOTKM

Jul 7, 2003
50 left as of 12pm. The ticket office have been stars in sorting out a few difficulties in applying for me and my mates...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here