Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Views on the town of reading!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
y2dave said:
I live in Bracknell which is so boring and rough the best option for a night out is usually to head to Reading ! Decent enough pub/clubs but they all charge on the door at the weekend and are usually packed with chav blokes. Shoppings nothing special, just your default large town shopping mall.
you tight arse its peanuts to get in and free before ten in many places.

Good clubs mmmm????still waiting for that to happen:smokin:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
eastlondonseagull said:
To be perfectly blunt, I absolutely f***ing HATE Reading. I was born there in the early seventies, lived there for nine years. But against my better judgement, moved back to Whitley Street last August for three months and hated it even more. It was the most unwelcoming, unfriendly, antagonistic place I've ever lived, and I've lived all over the country. Couldn't get out of Reading quick enough.

It should be nice: good infrastructure, decent shops (Oracle), some good bars and clubnights (eg Checkpoint Charlie), but it's full - sorry Berkshire, Reading Ali and Stockport - of wankers. That's a sweeping statement, I admit, but from my experience, there are far more c***s out in Reading town centre on a Friday and Saturday night than any other place I've lived.

:angry:
To be honest i don't find it as bad as you suggest,but i have had a few rucks very recently,saturday i knocked a bloke out cold in branagans on the dance floor thanks to a stupid ex who is being a real pain in the arse of late and thought she would get her revenge by getting a few mateys to bump me etc on the floor and that was it boom boom.She better think twice next time as this is the 2nd time in 3 months and the other chap backed down.Im happy to talk it over but she has failed in two attempts and next time i will get very very angry grrrrrr.

Got walked to the otherside of town by the old bill,but to be honest it pisses me off as im out to have a great time as thats what i enjoy,but the attitude here is a joke.
Its nice to sit outside the pub by the river when the suns out though.:drink: :smokin:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
berkshire seagull said:
To be honest i don't find it as bad as you suggest,but i have had a few rucks very recently,saturday i knocked a bloke out cold in branagans on the dance floor thanks to a stupid ex who is being a real pain in the arse of late and thought she would get her revenge by getting a few mateys to bump me etc on the floor and that was it boom boom.She better think twice next time as this is the 2nd time in 3 months and the other chap backed down.Im happy to talk it over but she has failed in two attempts and next time i will get very very angry grrrrrr.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

:rolleyes:

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
Changed trains at Reading station once on a Friday night...the place was heaving with young-uns.....where were they going on a Friday night? or had they just arrived, who can tell

In contrast, I then got the train to Guildford and that was dead....

???

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Funny that Berkshire, imho that whole wind-up attitude is very common in Reading. Have witnessed that sort of thing - happened to me too with an ex - loads of times. It's all very incestuous and needly. Everyone going around saying they've shagged everyone else, just for show. You expect that from teenagers, but not from people in their mid-twenties!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here