Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Viera

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not saying it makes it acceptable, it really isn't.
None of this sordid little event is ok.
But I'm not going to pretend that dragging the scrote back to punch and kick him to the floor is an acceptable response.

Hopefully all parties will get dealt with accordingly.

He didn’t kick him to the ground. Exaggeration doesn’t help you opinion.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Did he punch him though?

might have just been a slap.
but yes he swung at him first.
has no one but me seen the footage?

Vieira clearly grabs the scrote, as he's walking away, has a swing at him, then kicks him, the fan falls over.

If you watch the POV footage from the dickhead's phone, you can hear the impact.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
might have just been a slap.
but yes he swung at him first.
has no one but me seen the footage?

Vieira clearly grabs the scrote, as he's walking away, has a swing at him, then kicks him, the fan falls over.

If you watch the POV footage from the dickhead's phone, you can hear the impact.

Err yes I have seen all the footage including from the dickhead’s phone. He doesn’t ‘punch’ him … even you’re admitting that now. Important to get facts right which is what I thought you were trying to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Err yes I have seen all the footage including from the dickhead’s phone. He doesn’t ‘punch’ him … even you’re admitting that now. Important to get facts right which is what I thought you were trying to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't tell whether he has punched or slapped him. i gave you the benefit of the doubt.
the facts are:
fan abuses vieira
fan walks away
Vieira pulls fan back
Vieira swings at fan
Vieira kicks fan
Fan falls to ground.

for some reason you think Vieira's actions are excusable.
They aren't.

If Potter had done the same, I would be saying the same thing.

However, if it had been Potter, both he and the club would have apologised for their actions.

D

Deleted member 2719

I couldn't tell whether he has punched or slapped him. i gave you the benefit of the doubt.
the facts are:
fan abuses vieira
fan walks away
Vieira pulls fan back
Vieira swings at fan
Vieira kicks fan
Fan falls to ground.

for some reason you think Vieira's actions are excusable.
They aren't.

If Potter had done the same, I would be saying the same thing.

However, if it had been Potter, both he and the club would have apologised for their actions.

Hasn't Viera apologised yet then???

This is disgraceful if true, what sort of message does this send to fans and in particular kids watching.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Hasn't Viera apologised yet then???

This is disgraceful if true, what sort of message does this send to fans and in particular kids watching.

The message will be....." Don,t go on the pitch (illegally ) and be abusive to players or management staff, or you are likely to get the kicking you thoroughly deserve".

All seems perfect result to me ..?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can't help thinking some responses would be different if it was our manager. And I'm getting tired of lofty righteousness.

I've seen the fan footage and distant footage.

As far as I'm concerned Vierra was provoked. Someone with a middle finger in his face yelling '**** off, **** off'. We don't know what he had been subjected to before.

He's a human being first, and sometimes when provoked we lose our rag.

And given the number of absolute bellends on that pitch I can see why it happened.

He shouldn't have done it.

Or perhaps he should have.

Too many fans getting upset thinking they can act like dickheads with impunity and cry foul at a reaction. What sort of reaction do they expect ? Or do they do it knowing the players aren't allowed to react ? So add cowardice to dickheadary.

I'd tell Vierra to try and keep his cool in the future. And I'd ban the fan.

D

Deleted member 2719

Can't help thinking some responses would be different if it was our manager. And I'm getting tired of lofty righteousness.

I've seen the fan footage and distant footage.

As far as I'm concerned Vierra was provoked. Someone with a middle finger in his face yelling '**** off, **** off'. We don't know what he had been subjected to before.

He's a human being first, and sometimes when provoked we lose our rag.

And given the number of absolute bellends on that pitch I can see why it happened.

He shouldn't have done it.

Or perhaps he should have.

Too many fans getting upset thinking they can act like dickheads with impunity and cry foul at a reaction. What sort of reaction do they expect ? Or do they do it knowing the players aren't allowed to react ? So add cowardice to dickheadary.

I'd tell Vierra to try and keep his cool in the future. And I'd ban the fan.

But Viera is a role model, he should know the score.....to not get involved unless he is defending himself and he wasn't.
If Potter had done it I would have said the same, the difference is Potter is wise enough not to get involved.
Viera is guilty and banged to rights.... there can be no argument on this, its clear...unless your suggesting the fan took a dive.:lolol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But Viera is a role model, he should know the score.....to not get involved unless he is defending himself and he wasn't.
If Potter had done it I would have said the same, the difference is Potter is wise enough not to get involved.
Viera is guilty and banged to rights.... there can be no argument on this, its clear...unless your suggesting the fan took a dive.:lolol:

All adults are role models. This adult fan was watched by kids goading an opposition manager. People like him need to face consequence otherwise disrespect just gets worse. Got to start somewhere, so let’s start here.

D

Deleted member 2719

All adults are role models. This adult fan was watched by kids goading an opposition manager. People like him need to face consequence otherwise disrespect just gets worse. Got to start somewhere, so let’s start here.

I am not excusing the goader.
But Viera has to be man, apologise and never unnecessarily get involved again.
He needs a ban for what he has done and then extend the ban further as he has showed no remorse for his actions.
I can't believe anyone thinks what he done was acceptable, if he had had an 8 min break while trying to save the country on his birthday with a piece of cake, many would be screaming until they were sick.
Where are those screamers now??? Still at Withdean???

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
PV has said nothing about the incident, nor has anyone from the club said anything. There are pictures of various players being confronted by fans waving flares at them, giving them the finger etc, and this was just after the 3rd goal, with still around 10 minutes to play, including 7 minutes of added time. Were the players really in the mood to play on? Did they know what was coming at full time? I could see the fans literally all stood ready to charge on, and yet no-one from Everton security or Merseyside police seemed prepared, and thought about the challenge of the Palace team trying to get to the away dressing room, in the opposite corner of the ground from the tunnel. The silence from Everton has been deafening. Should PV have kicked out? Probably not, but it was provocation of the highest order, to a guy who had just seen his team toss away a 2 goal lead. Not sure what the solution is, but if these actions continue, there may have to be some sort of deterrent put in place

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Vieira did nothing wrong. If anything, the "fan" is lucky that his reaction was so muted. Vieira could easily have put him on his backside and nobody would have gone piling into help. It was wholly inappropriate to get at Vieira and he had every right to defend himself. Bellendery in the stands is nothing new, but it spilling onto the pitch has been a real problem in the last few weeks and the clubs need to have words with their fans to discourage the behaviour.

The behaviour of the Man City fans after winning yesterday was extraordinary. What a bunch of low grade whoppers.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Vieira did nothing wrong. If anything, the "fan" is lucky that his reaction was so muted. Vieira could easily have put him on his backside and nobody would have gone piling into help. It was wholly inappropriate to get at Vieira and he had every right to defend himself. Bellendery in the stands is nothing new, but it spilling onto the pitch has been a real problem in the last few weeks and the clubs need to have words with their fans to discourage the behaviour.

The behaviour of the Man City fans after winning yesterday was extraordinary. What a bunch of low grade whoppers.

To be fair, Vieira did do something wrong: He kicked out at a fan. Whether he was justified in his reaction is up for debate though because the fan was 100% in the wrong, and if punishments are meted out then it should be far more severe for the fan (and Everton). The scenes recently (Billy Sharp getting smacked, Robin Olsen getting attacked and this one) again show that some fans are beyond help. These thugs are idiots and spoil the fun for the rest of the fans who are just there for a good time.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
no-one from Everton security or Merseyside police seemed prepared, and thought about the challenge of the Palace team trying to get to the away dressing room, in the opposite corner of the ground from the tunnel. The silence from Everton has been deafening.

If only there was another example from this season of a visiting team being threatened by home supporters as they made their way to the dressing rooms situated in the corner of the ground that we could use for purposes of comparison.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here