Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video of the "we've equalised" hysteria

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Good video, but the fact that we're celebrating scraping a point against Cheltenham is quite frankly f***ing EMBARRASSING.

The FACT is my pedigree chum...we are in a relegation dogfight, this was a six pointer, and we not only gained a point with that stoppage time equaliser, but stopped them getting 2 more on us. enough grounds to go mad and celebrate me thinks....

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The FACT is my pedigree chum...we are in a relegation dogfight, this was a six pointer, and we not only gained a point with that stoppage time equaliser, but stopped them getting 2 more on us. enough grounds to go mad and celebrate me thinks....

Doesn't make it any less embarassing though. Not suggesting anyone would have done different (I would have gone mental), but if it's come to the point that a 2-2 draw at Cheltenham is seen as a result its rather sad.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
1-1- Hereford.. Sad?

Marginally different situation though. Our entire existance was on that one draw and we had looked cetainties to go down. With this season we have a side good enough for the top half, had a decent amount of money to spend and aren't looking like going out of business. I think the fact the game was drawn is pretty much the only similarity.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Marginally different situation though. Our entire existance was on that one draw and we had looked cetainties to go down. With this season we have a side good enough for the top half, had a decent amount of money to spend and aren't looking like going out of business. I think the fact the game was drawn is pretty much the only similarity.

On that basis Leeds and Leicester fans would not celebrate any goals in this league as they are too big a club for it. I don't regard it as embarrassing, we are having a poor season and it was a huge point. To come from 2 down with 12 minutes left is an achievement against anyone.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
A few people jumping up and down.

WOWZER!

At least they went.

Was an odd game, should have been 3-1 down, but then Fraser before that should have made it 1-1. Adams got it right putting Virgo up front, but at the same time at 2-0 looked resigned to the defeat. Would say the result was despite the coaching staff rather than because of them.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Ok, I agree they're not on par in magnitude, but my point is as follows:

We do not want to go down, the thought of that really doesn't bare thinking about...

On the basis of the Leeds and Luton games, we looked like we we're heading that way, there were literally NO signs of encouragement. It was dire, tactics, effort, the lot.

The second half at Cheltenham comes round, we started playing better after what appeared to be the first signs of managerial sense anyone had seen in a while, then conceded. gutting.

Regardless of talent, after a lot of effort from players who clearly wanted it we pulled back 2 goals against a team we simply cannot afford to lose to.

Now, 2 days later, we've gained an extra two players, we'll have some back fully fit and spurred on by a good point.

I wish people would stop kidding themselves, we have to "take each game as it comes" and not keep harping on about how good we SHOULD be.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Ok, I agree they're not on par in magnitude, but my point is as follows:

We do not want to go down, the thought of that really doesn't bare thinking about...

On the basis of the Leeds and Luton games, we looked like we we're heading that way, there were literally NO signs of encouragement. It was dire, tactics, effort, the lot.

The second half at Cheltenham comes round, we started playing better after what appeared to be the first signs of managerial sense anyone had seen in a while, then conceded. gutting.

Regardless of talent, after a lot of effort from players who clearly wanted it we pulled back 2 goals against a team we simply cannot afford to lose to.

Now, 2 days later, we've gained an extra two players, we'll have some back fully fit and spurred on by a good point.

I wish people would stop kidding themselves, we have to "take each game as it comes" and not keep harping on about how good we SHOULD be.

Possibly embarassing was the wrong choice of word, I could just see where WW was coming from. Yes we did pull back from 2-0 down and that in itself is impressive given our run of form. Lets just hope that second half is not another false start again (Like the Leciester game, Man City game ect...). Its still not a result that we should be chuffed about pulling out though, Cheltenham are an awful side and to give them a 2 goal lead is just incompetent. Fingers crossed the new player(s) make a difference though as we are going to need all the help we can get.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Possibly embarassing was the wrong choice of word, I could just see where WW was coming from. Yes we did pull back from 2-0 down and that in itself is impressive given our run of form. Lets just hope that second half is not another false start again (Like the Leciester game, Man City game ect...). Its still not a result that we should be chuffed about pulling out though, Cheltenham are an awful side and to give them a 2 goal lead is just incompetent. Fingers crossed the new player(s) make a difference though as we are going to need all the help we can get.

Agreed, beforehand it doesn't look a good result. But believe me after their second it looked like an amazing result.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'd have probably walked out in disgust knowing that Thicky's job was safe for the next ten games, meaning i'll be paying to watch more total and utter shite. :nono:

Oops - this was a joke, seems to have ruffled a few feathers. A point might keep us up and of course i'd celebrate a last minute goal! Just a bit sorry that it's come to this.

Cracking photo too. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here