Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

VIDEO Last Game at the Goldstone Ground - BHA FC v DR FC 26th April 1997 pt3

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I don't remember ever having seen such a stroppy ref, he really had got up on the wrong side of the bed that day (or was worried about the full time whistle).

Did you notice the sent off Donny player punching the wall of the tunnel?

not surprised really having just had a banana chucked at him :(

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Great to relive that, thanks for posting- i genuinely dont remember that many bananas being lobbed....

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
to be fair the ref did not disallow the goal for 59 fouls of varying types on Donnys keeper as the goal went in , there was a article at the time that suggested the keeper tapped out 3 times all in wrestler styleee

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That was a special day, I cried that day and I shed a tear on sat I dont mind saying, I dont care if it was not the first team it was at our new home and I loved it.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
amazing footage. thanks for allowing me to relive the North Stand

wow that was shit football though wasnt it

so much better to see the goal too, with just the crowd noise - none of the Storrrrrrrrrrerrrrrrrr commentary (which personally i don't like). North Stand was my only soundtrack

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Loved it, great stuff, thanks for all effort, i remember being at that game with my dad when i was a kid, unfortuntely my dad passed away a couple of years ago but will be taking a photo of my dad to the 1st game vs Doncaster and hopefully hold up during minutes silence

I'd forgotten those push out paper hats! I think you photo idea would be a brilliant idea, What a way to show respect to all the loved one who have passed away before it is finished I may join you.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Nice one, got the real feel of the day and of the old North Stand for the last time. All the usual asides from the crowd about the ref etc.

Where are you all pitched up at the Amex Gulls+Rooks (I sat in front of you the first few years at Withdean).

PG (fellow Lewesian)

Jul 15, 2011
Lewwwwwwes
Nice one, got the real feel of the day and of the old North Stand for the last time. All the usual asides from the crowd about the ref etc.

Where are you all pitched up at the Amex Gulls+Rooks (I sat in front of you the first few years at Withdean).

PG (fellow Lewesian)

Hi PG,

I'm in the East, Row O 577, with wife and my 2 boys. So just on the Family stand side of the half way line so the kids get some of the benefit. I got my Lewes CFC owners certificate and badge yesterday, exiting time for Gulls and Rooks fans.

TO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here