Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video game banned...

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Manhunt two has been banned from release in Britain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/6767623.stm

Not played number one but is it really that bad? Plus how different/worse is it than the torture type films currently all the rage - Saw etc?

I'm not really in agreement with any bans like this...plus it was due out on the Wii which would have been interesting/sick!

Last edited:

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
How can it be any worse than the GTA games. I think they are great but for the younger generation they may send out the wrong message about violence

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Pathetic. Pandering to the Daily Mail readership.

Manhunt 2 looked very promising on the Wii, now I will have to wait for Action Replay to bring out a region unlocker.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How can it be any worse than the GTA games. I think they are great but for the younger generation they may send out the wrong message about violence

They have an age classification for a reason. If parents choose to ignore it then they are shit parents, don't see why rationale adults can't buy the game.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If the ban is overturned, every Chav parent will of course buy a copy for their Wayne's and Britney's aged 6, as the game was 'seen on TV'

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't believe its worse than SAW3 or anything like that, absolute rubbish

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
First -ever- game banned here too. Must be pretty nasty!

First time in a decade. Carmeggeddon was the last to be banned, althogh that was overturned after a while on appeal.

Not here it wasn't (check location...)
MYOB?!?! First ever game banned, then three posts down you say Carmeggeddon was banned as well. Unlike you to slip up like that.

Oh, and surely a BBFC clasification of 18 would be fine. Look at Hostel, Saw, etc.. they are far worse.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
MYOB?!?! First ever game banned, then three posts down you say Carmeggeddon was banned as well. Unlike you to slip up like that.

Oh, and surely a BBFC clasification of 18 would be fine. Look at Hostel, Saw, etc.. they are far worse.

No, I didn't. MH2 is the first game banned IN IRELAND, where Carmaggedon was not banned - nowhere did I say it was banned here.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
What a disgrace, censorship like this is a joke, an 18 rating should keep it away from kids. Why do they think they are allowed to choose what we can and can't see.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yes, number 1 really is that bad.

It can, and is much worse than the GTA games.
Yeah, the first one was grim, but any worse than the Saw or Hostel films?

Certificates are there for a reason, to stop underage players getting a hold of these games. If they do happen to get them, it's not the game companies at fault, it's the shops supplying it to them, or the parents buying it for their children or letting them play it.

If someone is easily influenced by violent games, they will just as easily be influenced by violent tv and films, and probably certain kinds of music if you're a Daily Mail reader. :shootself

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yeah, the first one was grim, but any worse than the Saw or Hostel films?

Certificates are there for a reason, to stop underage players getting a hold of these games. If they do happen to get them, it's not the game companies at fault, it's the shops supplying it to them, or the parents buying it for their children or letting them play it.

If someone is easily influenced by violent games, they will just as easily be influenced by violent tv and films, and probably certain kinds of music if you're a Daily Mail reader. :shootself

I agree. The only thing I would say when comparing it to sick films is that with a game it is you committing the violence rather than sitting watching a film.

However, I am totally of the opinion that it is certificated and therefore only adults should be playing it anyway.

Personally I'll be gutted if it doesn't come out as even though it was sick the first one was a superb game and incredibly atmospheric even though I don't normally like those stealth-type games like Metal Gear and Hitman.

That said I reckon it's a clever publicity stunt and they'll make a few tweaks to get it through the censors and it'll fly off the shelves after all that great free publicity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here