Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

yeah, he puts in 100% every game but he lacks ability, skill, pace and positioning. Dunk and Greer are both better centre backs, but as stated above many supporters are happy to cheer on a player who puts in a bit of hard work

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I love Vicente and want him to stay, but his return to the starting line up and his run in the side has been matched by our awful end to the season. Just saying

I dont recall him being in the team that much during our horrendous end of 2011 form

Mar 10, 2006
yeah, he puts in 100% every game but he lacks ability, skill, pace and positioning. Dunk and Greer are both better centre backs, but as stated above many supporters are happy to cheer on a player who puts in a bit of hard work

I would say that el-abd reads the game better than than these two

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The problem is that Reading really want him and they have millions of roubles. Can't see him staying with us to be honest.

If he goes, it will not be elsewhere in this country.

Spending his whole career until this season at his hometown club, and then signing for us when there were bigger salaries offered elsewhere (*cough*Leicester*cough*) suggests that money has never really been his prime motivation up until this stage, I cannot see why that would change now.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Where do some people get all this reading shite from,its in his contract that it's us or another country end of,so much dross on here it's unreal.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

We are a better defensive unit when El Abd plays. Greer and Dunk are more cultured but El Abd will throw himself in front of anything and is a braver defender than both. You need a mixture of culture and grit in defence. El Abd adds the grit and, in my opinion, has finished the season stronger than Greer and Dunk.

Anyone who thinks he should leave the squad entirely is having a severe mental episode.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I still think this could be the reason for a pre-season friendly to Seville, to give him a chance to showcase himself to the Spanish audience. Gus has said before he will try to facilitate a player's career path.

After all his time at Valencia, Spanish teams and fans will know everything about him that they need to.

I think you're reading FAR too much into this one.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We are a better defensive unit when El Abd plays. Greer and Dunk are more cultured but El Abd will throw himself in front of anything and is a braver defender than both. You need a mixture of culture and grit in defence. El Abd adds the grit and, in my opinion, has finished the season stronger than Greer and Dunk.

Anyone who thinks he should leave the squad entirely is having a severe mental episode.

I'm not on a mission to oust El-Abd from the squad but to have a squad good enough to win promotion we need 2 or 3 centre backs both better than Greer and El-Abd and I'd rather keep Greer as our back up as he is a more cultured cb

Very similar to Navarro, done well this season and helped us achieve our best for a long time but ultimately not good enough if we want to win promotion

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Where do some people get all this reading shite from,its in his contract that it's us or another country end of,so much dross on here it's unreal.

his contract just ended mate?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here