Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Do you mean Vicente will declare himself fit or Gus will decide he's fit? Surely Vicente must have already declared himself fit as he's been on the bench for the last two league games.

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
I just want to see him in action agian. He is a huge name for this club to have & I personally don't want his name to become a laughing stock in this league.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What does it matter.

When Vicente, the physio and Gus think he's ready, he'll be ready.

He joined us when he could have earnt three times what we're paying him at Leceister or somesuch other Championship (and a few Prem) clubs. If he get's himself sorted and plays a nice flurry of 10 games towards the end of the season then we're in for a treat. There's just zero point rushing him. We knew, Gus knew and Vicente knew he wouldn't be an ever-present this season - if he was able to play that many games he certainly wouldn't be at a small time club like Brighton. The guy is much, much to good a footballer for us - when he's fit. So just chill out, enjoy the fact he's part of our squad and wish him all the best.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Any of you wondering if he will be magically fit to start the Newcastle game?? I think he conveniently will!!

What do you mean by convenient? Please alaborate. Are you saying that he or Gus are deliberatley trying to keep a fit player down?

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
What does it matter.

He joined us when he could have earnt three times what we're paying him at Leceister or somesuch other Championship (and a few Prem) clubs. If he get's himself sorted and plays a nice flurry of 10 games towards the end of the season then we're in for a treat. There's just zero point rushing him. We knew, Gus knew and Vicente knew he wouldn't be an ever-present this season - if he was able to play that many games he certainly wouldn't be at a small time club like Brighton. The guy is much, much to good a footballer for us - when he's fit. So just chill out, enjoy the fact he's part of our squad and wish him all the best.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it that he is at the club, but I would rather he wasn't on the bench at all if he wasn't fit. He warms up, then thats it. I bet he plays aginst Newcastle though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"conveniently" fit or otherwise, i dont care much as long as he plays.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
What does it matter.

Nicely put, I was going to say something along the lines of "oh please just **** off" but you expressed it in a far better way! I don't know where this whole conspiracy of him choosing to be injured is coming from? I'm sure he wants to play again just as much as we all want to see him.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd love it if he did. It's the sort of game i suppose we'd expect to be not too horrendously physical with bodies flung everywhere and at least three headbands of blood on display. Depending on the score, etc, maybe a 20 minute spell at Peterboro might have him ready to go in the game and i like to imagine him to dazzle.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Far less chance of him being kicked off the pitch like there would be in a championship game so yes I would expect him to play and if that make another midflelder fresher for Palace then its a win win situation

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Nicely put, I was going to say something along the lines of "oh please just **** off" but you expressed it in a far better way! I don't know where this whole conspiracy of him choosing to be injured is coming from? I'm sure he wants to play again just as much as we all want to see him.

Why does everyone get so arsey on this forum. If you have a player that is on the bench, doesn't that mean he is able to take part even if its only for a little bit? Telling people to **** off is hardly constructive. It ha been well documented that Vicente's problems are potentially psycological & I was wondering what others thought about it. Thats why I posted the words "conveniently"

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Unfortunately Vicente was going to play part of the Saints game and the Bristol City game but as a result of injuries/sendings off others have been put on the pitch in front of him. Its frustrating but the time will come!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Why does everyone get so arsey on this forum. If you have a player that is on the bench, doesn't that mean he is able to take part even if its only for a little bit? Telling people to **** off is hardly constructive. It ha been well documented that Vicente's problems are potentially psycological & I was wondering what others thought about it. Thats why I posted the words "conveniently"

I was joking about the "**** off" bit....

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Considering fatigue and other things from last night, I'd be surprised if he didn't play some kind of role at Peterborough. No point rushing him but I would say a nackered Matt Sparrow is as likely to get injured as a 'fit' Vicente who has been on the bench last few games.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

Because these sort of threads/posts are made by the same sort of people as you. Joined the forum in the summer when we got promoted and have been sprouting the same shit since. Gets a bit tiresome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here