Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente to Villareal?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It doesn't matter how good it is, it's in Spain.

The last time I checked Brighton wasn't.

Naturally ... but it assumes he has this great longing to return to Spain and whilst I agree it would be a consideration for anyone I've seen nothing to suggest that would be his first consideration.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Dicker, Harley, sparrow etc.... should all be able to do what Vicente did for us!!

Surely, otherwise they would have been shown the door, right???

You would have thought so but sadly not.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just "researching" - this rumour does appear to be based on a fans' blog rather than an "in the know" football journalist. Yes it has been published in the local paper but we have people on here who write in the local Eastbourne press or for SKy or Your Brighton or whatever it is that Tim does................... are any of them more credible than, say, NSc as a source of bona fide information? I think I'm going to relax about this one until something more positive/professional comes of it (or not!).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Me neither. I can only really see him going back to a top division spanish side.

I don't agree. Of course he is good enough to play for a top division side, but if his family decision due to his latest kid, is to stay in Spain. Villereal is very close to Valencia, he and his Mrs could live local to where they come in Valencia, Vicente could drive to work each day, and they will be in their home city with all their family and friends around them.

Joining Villereal would be a family/lifestyle choice, if not the best footballing one.

Imagine you're a championship quality player, who comes from Brighton and left Brighton to go Spain, 1 year later your Mrs is preggers and wants to live back at home in Brighton, you're still championship quality, but Crawley come in for you......... it would be the same in reverse

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
if his family decision due to his latest kid, is to stay in Spain.

Did I miss something? Where did the speculation come from about his desire to move back to Spain? Vast numbers of examples of players shifting all over Europe and I'm not sure why it seems Vicente has a burning desire to return just yet. Gus and Tanno are hardly locals

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I don't agree. Of course he is good enough to play for a top division side, but if his family decision due to his latest kid, is to stay in Spain. Villereal is very close to Valencia, he and his Mrs could live local to where they come in Valencia, Vicente could drive to work each day, and they will be in their home city with all their family and friends around them.

Joining Villereal would be a family/lifestyle choice, if not the best footballing one.

100% spot on - could not be better put. :thumbsup:

Just have to wait now and see what transpires and whether one fan's postulation translates into the club making an offer.

It's a long summer already

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Did I miss something? Where did the speculation come from about his desire to move back to Spain? Vast numbers of examples of players shifting all over Europe and I'm not sure why it seems Vicente has a burning desire to return just yet

End of last Season both Gus said (and stuff in Argus) that Vicente had to think about the decision as his Mrs was pregnent and is due to have another kid, which would be hard without family/friends around in a country whose language they dont speak.

That seems to be the key driver in Vicente's thinking. Its family first not football

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
End of last Season both Gus said (and stuff in Argus) that Vicente had to think about the decision as his Mrs was pregnent and is due to have another kid, which would be hard without family/friends around in a country whose language they dont speak.

That seems to be the key driver in Vicente's thinking. Its family first not football

OK .. then I did miss something .. cheers!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Aren't they seen as Valencias rival?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Villareal's boss died recently just 24 hrs after joining them from one of the other relegated teams.

guess they need to be getting on with rebuilding at some point

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
This bit actually says he's not against the idea of a return to Spanish football. Not sure where they get this info from though.

Yep, I only got O level Spanish but I love the language, and this bit has been translated wrong: ''The player does not look favorably on seeing the option to return to Spanish football,''

The Spanish version says ''El futbolista no vería con malos ojos la opción de volver al fútbol español'' = literally! ''the footballer doesn't view with bad eyes the option of returning to Spanish football''

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Villareal's boss died recently just 24 hrs after joining them from one of the other relegated teams.

guess they need to be getting on with rebuilding at some point

one factor in assessing the validity of the rumour is that a managerless club might not be in a position to actively recruit players just now.......................

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I had a dream last night...he is staying with us and has told Gus he is happy to stay. In my dream Gus said 'lets dance together' Vicente agreed that they should dance together (i think that means they want to work together as my dream had no other reference to dancing).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So do we believe a blog written by the Spanish equivalent of HB&B ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here