Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente to Villareal?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Ah, good old Google Translate

Vicente Rodriguez is on the agenda of the Submarine

The Spaniard has played in Brighton this season, set the First Division in England

RM / AH Villarreal works fully in the preparation of the staff of the next course, which will only challenge back to the top flight after the defeat of the latter exercise, and one of the names that are on the agenda is the guiding yellow that of Vicente Rodriguez.

The Valencia player went to British football, after completing his long period in Valencia, to swell the ranks of Brighton Hove Albion, from the south of England who play in the First Division, equivalent to the Second Division.

The southpaw has been under the command of Gustavo Poyet, technical convinced him to address his new adventure in English football. The Benicalap was linked to the British company for a while. A year that has enjoyed minutes but could not give its best, with 17 appearances and three goals.

At 31 years, within the Villarreal believe that the player can still offer a great version on the left flank, with its quality and overflow, now in League Two.

The player does not look favorably on seeing the option to return to Spanish football, quite the opposite, which is very close to home. Next to the closeness between Valencia and Vila-real, is also the new project will face the submarine in the coming months, pending further details, may end up convincing the player, as the economic section should not be a problem .

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Google translates the article as follows:

"Vicente Rodriguez is on the agenda of the Submarine
The Spaniard has played in Brighton this season, set the First Division in England
2:40 VOTE THIS NOTICE

RM / AH Villarreal works fully in the preparation of the staff of the next course, which will only challenge back to the top flight after the defeat of the latter exercise, and one of the names that are on the agenda is the guiding yellow that of Vicente Rodriguez.

The Valencia player went to British football, after completing his long period in Valencia, to swell the ranks of Brighton Hove Albion, from the south of England who play in the First Division, equivalent to the Second Division.

The southpaw has been under the command of Gustavo Poyet, technical convinced him to address his new adventure in English football. The Benicalap was linked to the British company for a while. A year that has enjoyed minutes but could not give its best, with 17 appearances and three goals.

At 31 years, within the Villarreal believe that the player can still offer a great version on the left flank, with its quality and overflow, now in League Two.

The player does not look favorably on seeing the option to return to Spanish football, quite the opposite, which is very close to home. Next to the closeness between Valencia and Vila-real, is also the new project will face the submarine in the coming months, pending further details, may end up convincing the player, as the economic section should not be a problem" .

Made me chuckle. What's a submarine got to do with football?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yup, basically that's the gist of it.

Villarreal (nicknamed El Submarino Amarillo - The Yellow Submarines) have just been relegated from the Primera Division and seem to reckon that Vicente could 'do a job' in helping them bounce straight back.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Now it makes more sense. Cheers chaps.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If he goes, where is the flair in our side?

:(:nono:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Google translates the article as follows:

"The player does not look favorably on seeing the option to return to Spanish football, quite the opposite, which is very close to home. "

This bit actually says he's not against the idea of a return to Spanish football. Not sure where they get this info from though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's good enough to be playing much higher than Spanish league 2. Just because he played for Valencia doesn't mean he holds any affection for Villareal. He has much better options available I'm sure. If it was just us vs Villareal I'd be much more certain of him staying with us than I am at the moment.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I can't see it myself,actually i can't see him going to any 2nd division side bar us as he's to good for that.

Agree ... our 2nd level is way ahead of that of the Spanish .. if that's what he needs to decide between I reckon I've less need to worry

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
not a good time to be a brighton supporter IS IT:ohmy:

Very true - we need Gus back from his holidays to give us a lift.

That aside the blog seems to be pure speculation with absolutely nothing to support it - the sort of thing our own Brett Mendoza or Walt Jabasco might write and just as reliable :lol:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
But with a baby on the way being close to home and family will surely be the biggest thing for him sadly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree ... our 2nd level is way ahead of that of the Spanish .. if that's what he needs to decide between I reckon I've less need to worry
It doesn't matter how good it is, it's in Spain.

The last time I checked Brighton wasn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here