Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente to miss Saints?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think vicente should consider retiring from football,hardly played much in 2 years,i was delighted with the signing although a cautious delight as i knew he would hardly play,just glad he only signed for a year as i don't expect him to play hardley any games from now on.

If he's on big wages i will be well fu#ked off:nono:

What a humane view of the man's injury. Having seen him play a couple of times, I'd just love to see him play for us again. Game changing, match winning, out of your seat skill. Shame he's still injured.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Away all those focused upon negativity

It is almost unbelievable that GP would not have been aware of any fitness issues with Vicente.

Vicente Rodriguez is an absolutely five star acquisition and I am certain the club will be accessing the best possible medics/physios for VR (as indeed I am sure they do for all our players)

He, VC, is not going to be doing anything other than trying to make himself available, as, if he wished to make himself obvious to (eg) Premiership clubs, he would surely not set himself out as an individual with a fitness problem.

Seems he will not be ready to start on Saturday but perhaps he may be on the bench ?

I wish that some of those on NSC would try to understand.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What a humane view of the man's injury. Having seen him play a couple of times, I'd just love to see him play for us again. Game changing, match winning, out of your seat skill. Shame he's still injured.
Thats all well and good if you play,but sadly he doesn't and we are probably paying silly wages aswell.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A great player but with his sick record not what we need. Get rid at the first opportunity I think.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Trouble is if his wages have stopped us getting another player in his position in. He'd be the best player in the league when fit, but if he is only fit for 10 games a year is he worth it? Would it be better spending his wages on someone who may not be quite as good, but will play 40 times a year?

Completely trust Gus though and will keep looking forward to seeing him in action again. That Ipswich goal and the Leeds performance were class

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If Vicente starts 10 games between now and the end of the season I will be amazed to be honest. Gus talking about how special he is etc etc and how we could build a team around him.....Well we cant if he doesn't play can we?....Am I the only one who is conserned that our dip in form started when he pitched up and you can bet your bollocks he is earning more than most, if not all of the squad.

It is almost unbelievable that GP would not have been aware of any fitness issues with Vicente.

Vicente Rodriguez is an absolutely five star acquisition and I am certain the club will be accessing the best possible medics/physios for VR (as indeed I am sure they do for all our players)

He, VC, is not going to be doing anything other than trying to make himself available, as, if he wished to make himself obvious to (eg) Premiership clubs, he would surely not set himself out as an individual with a fitness problem.

Seems he will not be ready to start on Saturday but perhaps he may be on the bench ?

I wish that some of those on NSC would try to understand.

Agree with this. As soon as someone starts a thread like this it brings out all the moaners and whingers like bees round a honey pot.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I was there at portman road when he ran, swivelled, and curled in a beauty right in front of me. So boo, sucks and phhttttthhhhhttttttt to the lot of you (doubters)
He will play for us again soon, and we'll see more of this genius.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was there at portman road when he ran, swivelled, and curled in a beauty right in front of me. So boo, sucks and phhttttthhhhhttttttt to the lot of you (doubters)
He will play for us again soon, and we'll see more of this genius.

so was I and agree with every word. He's played more games than Hoskins I think, but nobody is saying we should offload him. I don't think he's on silly wages either as he turned down higher offers to play with us.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Vicente will play a major role this season ---
15 games and 5 goals is my prediction plus a couple of match winning performances against Palace away and Southampton at home
where do i get my optimism from ?
bottle of wine and ... "xxxx xx xxxx it´s brighon rock!
always was one of my favourite chants

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
so was I and agree with every word. He's played more games than Hoskins I think, but nobody is saying we should offload him. I don't think he's on silly wages either as he turned down higher offers to play with us.
Probably because hoskins earns about 6k a week compared to vincente's 15/20k a week,also we knew vincente was seriously injury prone unlike hoskins.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Probably because hoskins earns about 6k a week compared to vincente's 15/20k a week,also we knew vincente was seriously injury prone unlike hoskins.

You've got no idea what they earn (neither have I) so silly to speculate. Vicente passed his medical.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
His history was very well known ... certain he will have stuff in contract that limits the cost for not playing

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I work for a spanish bank and my boss said the moment we signed him that vissentay was finished already.

I disagreed (even though I had no inside information) and he was right. His body is just, well, finished.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I
I disagreed (even though I had no inside information) and he was right. His body is just, well, finished.

I see. So you have no inside information but you state that a 30 year old player's body is 'finished' because he has been injured for a few weeks and we're still in November.

Sometimes, in fact, regularly, the sheer idiocy of some people on this site astounds me.

Does anyone actually know for sure whether Vicente is on a pay as you play deal? I heard that he is, and if he is, then what's the issue? I'd rather have a player of that calibre around the club, even if he only plays the odd game. What a player for the likes of Noone and KLL to learn from.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He is quality but quality that is injury prone, once he can overcome this I suspect the thread titles about him will change dramatically.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here