Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente playing in April 2010 (Vs Athletic Bilbao)

Valencianista

Sep 1, 2011
I would have done anyway! Even more so now.
How do you think you will do this season without Mata in your side?

We should be fine. Everyone still thinks the club is in a mess from the outside, but actually we're getting back on track. We've got a smart president now with good staff. It's gonna still take a few years to get over the mess fromer presidents made but we'll get there.

LIke I said we're moving on. Mata didn't need t be sold but an offer of €30m for Mata, a great player by the way, but replaceable, was an offer too good to turn down. We spent that money on defenders which needed improving desperately.

Our prospects for this season, well we won't win the league with the blood sucking money bags of Real and Barca above us. La Liga is a fcuked and very corrupt league, only two teams prosper, whilst the rest struggle for money and equality. That being said 3rd place and CL qualification is our minimum target and it's very possible. We have a good enough squad for that. Not any star names but a very hungr, talented and youthful bunch. Soldado, Piatti, Banega, Canales, Albelda....All good players.

Sorry for going on, but it's nice to have foreign fans that have an interest in Valencia that aren't just interested in Real or Barca. :D

Last edited:

Valencianista

Sep 1, 2011
**Thread Hijack Alert**

I'm visiting Valencia on the weekend 01/02 October when I believe your at home to Granada. What is the ticket situation likely to be? Are we going to be able to get tickets on the day at the Mestalla?

Many thanks, and yes, would love to see you beat Chelsea home and away regardless of Vicente!

Yes 100% you'll be able to get a ticket on the day, it won't sell out against the smaller teams like them. One mistake that new visitors (If this is your first visit that is?) do is buy tickets in the most expensive seats which are n Tribuna Central, €60.00 a peice. But they're overrated seats. Any of the seats priced at €20-€35 are fine, better atmosphere too.

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
I would have done anyway! Even more so now.
How do you think you will do this season without Mata in your side?

There are a lot of players in the current squad that can play Mata's role, like Piatti, Canales, Bernat, ... all of them in a fantastic form right now. We lost Villa and Silva last summer and the team managed to have a better season that with them in the team (Soldado+Aduriz scored this season more goals than Villa+Silva in any season in VCF). I don't think losing Mata can be worst.

**Thread Hijack Alert**

I'm visiting Valencia on the weekend 01/02 October when I believe your at home to Granada. What is the ticket situation likely to be? Are we going to be able to get tickets on the day at the Mestalla?

Many thanks, and yes, would love to see you beat Chelsea home and away regardless of Vicente!

Against Granada? You will have no problem to get a ticket in Mestalla the day of the match. Won't be sold out for sure. Only matches against Madrid and Barça are sold out the day of the match.

Valencianista

Sep 1, 2011
There are a lot of players in the current squad that can play Mata's role, like Piatti, Canales, Bernat, ... all of them in a fantastic form right now. We lost Villa and Silva last summer and the team managed to have a better season that with them in the team (Soldado+Aduriz scored this season more goals than Villa+Silva in any season in VCF). I don't think losing Mata can be worst.

Against Granada? You will have no problem to get a ticket in Mestalla the day of the match. Won't be sold out for sure. Only matches against Madrid and Barça are sold out the day of the match.

This is a Valencia forum now or what? :D

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes 100% you'll be able to get a ticket on the day, it won't sell out against the smaller teams like them. One mistake that new visitors (If this is your first visit that is?) do is buy tickets in the most expensive seats which are n Tribuna Central, €60.00 a peice. But they're overrated seats. Any of the seats priced at €20-€35 are fine, better atmosphere too.

Great, thank you, very helpful. Looking forward to our visit.

[MENTION=21268]Mestalla[/MENTION] - thanks as well! :thumbsup:

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
This is a Valencia forum now or what? :D

We're invading Brighton. I hope they don't mind...we're nice :) and they will be winning thousands of fans around the world, who will be taking a look at how Vicen is doing.

Great, thank you, very helpful. Looking forward to our visit.

[MENTION=21268]Mestalla[/MENTION] - thanks as well! :thumbsup:

De nada :thumbsup: I hope you have a great time here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry for going on, but it's nice to have foreign fans that have an interest in Valencia that aren't just interested in Real or Barca. :D

Actually, its tremendous having some Valencia fans on here to give us such an honest appraisal of Vicente and hopefully what he will bring to us this season.
And I'll be following Valencia's progress with interest now as well. Please do keep posting !

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It strikes me that he plays the same way and in the same position as Lua Lua and Noone. He does not seem to have lost any speed. And he seems fitter than Lua lua. His running off the ball seemed better, but he lost the ball quite a few times. He defends a bit on the left side.

Although I tend to support English teams in Europe, it does not extend to Chelsea. I simply don't watch them.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
There should be something in this Brighton-Valencia fans link, wouldn't mind an annual friendly against such opposition! I consider myself a plastic Madrista, but mainly because it is so much easier to see them, than a Valencia or a Sevilla. Valencia have the edge over Sevilla though, Ever Banega is sheer class.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
There should be something in this Brighton-Valencia fans link, wouldn't mind an annual friendly against such opposition! I consider myself a plastic Madrista, but mainly because it is so much easier to see them, than a Valencia or a Sevilla. Valencia have the edge over Sevilla though, Ever Banega is sheer class.
A plastic Brighton fan also. Swindon Town is your first team.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Na, na, na-na,
Na, na, na-na,
Hey, hey, hey,
BI-THEN-TE...!!!

:clap: :amex: :clap:

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
[MENTION=21268]Mestalla[/MENTION] & [MENTION=21297]Valencianista[/MENTION]

Do you ever watch lower league football? How are the lower leagues in Spain? There are many negative reviews of it here in England because of the B teams, is it that bad?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here