Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente not needed oh yes he is , oh no he's not

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Anybody who thinks it was a good idea to play Vicente away to Swindon in a 2nd rate cup competition doesn't know anything about football

I wouldn't go that far, but I do agree with your sentiment.

Vicente should not only never have been risked in a game where he wasn't fully fit but he also shouldn't have been played out of position.

But what's done is done...who's to say that he would have been fit to play at Hull?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I should of made the title of this thread fickle football fans
It wasn't meant to be primarily about Vicente although the title did suggest that I suppose

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Remember that game well...... He scored his only goals against them.... Hey, hang on a cotton picking moment!.......

See where you are coming from there Burnsey, You rate him really, just doing one of those fishing things for your post count. :thumbsup:

Nice one.

Not at all. I thought he had a blinder without his goals. One goal was given to him, the fifth was probably one of the only decent goals in teh game. But one decent performance a blue moon.........

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Just to confirm the opening post are statements from NSC in the space of the last three weeks not my words
Highlighting the fickle world of football

Yep, I got that, I know there has been countless threads before, which is pretty much what your post was highlighting, but I just find it amazing that we lose a game and people post drivel such as 'Barnes is shit' or after he has a good game, scores or something....but he's still shit!

After our next loss, I'll be keeping an eye out for the first thread using him as a scapegoat!! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and all that, it's just amazing how different someone's can be!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yep, I got that, I know there has been countless threads before, which is pretty much what your post was highlighting, but I just find it amazing that we lose a game and people post drivel such as 'Barnes is shit' or after he has a good game, scores or something....but he's still shit!

After our next loss, I'll be keeping an eye out for the first thread using him as a scapegoat!! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and all that, it's just amazing how different someone's can be!

I agree although that is exactly the point the OP is making. Barnes is the player on here who divides opinion more than any other (although Wayne "palm the ball into the 6-yard box" Henderson did a good job too). Great performances from him are one-offs (even if they come one after another after another) and bad performances are seen as validation - Such is the way of blinkered opinions.

The trick is praise where its due and if you need to criticise, fair criticism when due. There are some on here whose views will never change irrespective of performance, they just go away when they are proved wrong, fingers poised over the keyboard for the one slightly sub-par performance to set the floodgates open again.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I agree although that is exactly the point the OP is making. Barnes is the player on here who divides opinion more than any other (although Wayne "palm the ball into the 6-yard box" Henderson did a good job too). Great performances from him are one-offs (even if they come one after another after another) and bad performances are seen as validation - Such is the way of blinkered opinions.

The trick is praise where its due and if you need to criticise, fair criticism when due. There are some on here whose views will never change irrespective of performance, they just go away when they are proved wrong, fingers poised over the keyboard for the one slightly sub-par performance to set the floodgates open again.

Totally agree with you, as soon as we let a goal in, or lose a game, it HAS to be somebody's fault and its usually the same two or three players who take the flack, irrelevant, it seems of their involvement at time! Dicker falls into the same category....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Totally agree with you, as soon as we let a goal in, or lose a game, it HAS to be somebody's fault and its usually the same two or three players who take the flack, irrelevant, it seems of their involvement at time! Dicker falls into the same category....

Yup.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
On NSC this season

After 7 games were top of the league Vicente not needed anymore
After 9 games we miss the cutting edge of Vicente

After 7 games everyone heaping praise on barnes
After 9 games Barnes is shit again

After 7 games were the best team in the league gonna win it
After 9 games were shit again not good enough for prem

Most of last season cms is a rubbish headless chicken
After 9 games we really miss cms

After 7 games we've not seen much of dobbie
After 10 games he's absolutely shit

So on that basis expect Dobbie to be our new hero by game 14

Funny old game football

Are you suggesting football fans are fickle? Meh, whatever next, X Factor is a shameless publicity stunt for itself, and nothing about singing ability?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Just to confirm the opening post are statements from NSC in the space of the last three weeks not my words
Highlighting the fickle world of football

Indeed. And you can go on any board in world soccer and repeat that opening post replacing our players names with theirs. :)

It would be boring if everyone agreed.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Funny old game football

You know what, I don't think it is. I don't think it's funny at all. It has its quirks certainly, but funny - it isn't.

What's 'funny' is the embarrassingly fickle fanbase on here. What's worse is how often they fall for the BLATANT windups of [MENTION=30]Withdean Wanderer[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] - ignore these two clowns, they're laughing at you. I find how one player can be 'the next messi' one minute and 'worst player to wear the stripes' the next. It's utterly astounding. I can only assume that the average age of posters on here has dropped to fourteen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here