Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente, Hoskins, Buckley and the other crocks.`

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
without dought
that is spectacularly bad spelling... I am increasingly convinced that the future holds a point beyond which the average person won't be able to communicate effectively without an electronic spellchecking device. I guess it doesn't really matter.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I hope Vicente proves me wrong,but i just dont think he is strong enough for the championship,and will never get the fitness needed.

Where you at the Leeds game? He single handly change the entire game, and got us back into the game with his superior vision and his passing ability. If it wasn't for him we could of lost that easily. Remember what Gus said, we will not rush him back if he is NOT 100%. I do honestly think we've misjudged the situation involving Vicente and his fitness, but to say he aint strong enough for this division is a total understatement.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
From what I have seen of Vicente so far he may not be fully match fit and a bit injury prone but his footballing brain and vision is in a different class and given half a chance should be the difference between us being contenders and also rans. He may not have the legs and pace to be a wide player anymore but his effortless goal at Ipswich was sheer class. He has time on the ball and should be pulling the strings in midfield, given the right protection. I see Vicente's skills as our chance to make the most of CMS. We should build our team around him. I also think he is a unique and fantastic footballing example for our youngsters to learn from.

It's a shame that we can't get our stongest team out consistently. What a magnificent and attractive side we would have with Vicente, Buckley, Reyes, El Abd and maybe Hoskins alongside CMS. It would be a huge lift in confidence for everyone if they can all get 20 odd games together. I have said consistently on here that our squad is still evolving and wont be the finished item for maybe another 12 months. Look at the current squad compared to this time last year. I will be content with consolidation in the top half of Championship this year and at least play offs next year. I am sure that is in the Bloom / Poyet masterplan.

I still think there may be one or two permanent signings to come to sharpen up the defence, particularly at left back and 'keeper. Plus we shouldn't have to rely on Tanno to shore up things. Reyes may be a useful acquisition provided he is fit and has the right attitude. With El Abd and Reyes around there will be more bite in defence. I was pleased to see Harper and Paynter brought in to steady the ship but am not sure they are the longer term solution.

Can't disagree with any of that. Top bombing :thumbsup:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
that is spectacularly bad spelling... I am increasingly convinced that the future holds a point beyond which the average person won't be able to communicate effectively without an electronic spellchecking device. I guess it doesn't really matter.

It's the number of times I see "lose" spelt "loose" that disturbs me. Will be a while before a spell check sorts that out

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here