Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente, Hoskins, Buckley and the other crocks.`

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What is the latest on our injury list what with the Saints game coming up. And El-Abd...when is he back to full training ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Vicente 50/50 to make the bench, Hoskins no chance, Bomber back in training, Painter should be fit.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Are you guessing El Pres ?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Hoskins seems to get more days off than Santa ffs!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Is this still the same injury that Hoskins had to start with?.I thought that was just a minor thigh strain.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Vicente i thought may play 10 times this season,but starting to wonder if he will play that many games and i just hope he's not on big money as it may become a big waste of precious money.Can't believe hoskins and to think he was fit for rovers virtually all last season.

Buckley also is a surprise as he played over 30 times for watford last season.

I know gus would like to build the team around vicente but thats impossible as he will never play more than 10 games a season.

Just hope its bad luck as we,ve really been hit this season,i thought vincenti was fit before this international break?why do players always get injured when we don't play:facepalm:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I hope Vicente proves me wrong,but i just dont think he is strong enough for the championship,and will never get the fitness needed.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I hope Vicente proves me wrong,but i just dont think he is strong enough for the championship,and will never get the fitness needed.

Yeah he looked really weak when he came on at 0-2 against leeds and inspired us to go 3-2 up. He may have fitness issues but he is a class apart when on the pitch.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
From what I have seen of Vicente so far he may not be fully match fit and a bit injury prone but his footballing brain and vision is in a different class and given half a chance should be the difference between us being contenders and also rans. He may not have the legs and pace to be a wide player anymore but his effortless goal at Ipswich was sheer class. He has time on the ball and should be pulling the strings in midfield, given the right protection. I see Vicente's skills as our chance to make the most of CMS. We should build our team around him. I also think he is a unique and fantastic footballing example for our youngsters to learn from.

It's a shame that we can't get our stongest team out consistently. What a magnificent and attractive side we would have with Vicente, Buckley, Reyes, El Abd and maybe Hoskins alongside CMS. It would be a huge lift in confidence for everyone if they can all get 20 odd games together. I have said consistently on here that our squad is still evolving and wont be the finished item for maybe another 12 months. Look at the current squad compared to this time last year. I will be content with consolidation in the top half of Championship this year and at least play offs next year. I am sure that is in the Bloom / Poyet masterplan.

I still think there may be one or two permanent signings to come to sharpen up the defence, particularly at left back and 'keeper. Plus we shouldn't have to rely on Tanno to shore up things. Reyes may be a useful acquisition provided he is fit and has the right attitude. With El Abd and Reyes around there will be more bite in defence. I was pleased to see Harper and Paynter brought in to steady the ship but am not sure they are the longer term solution.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Yeah I know what you mean. The Championship is far superior to international football and La Liga. He just doesn't have what it takes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here