Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente can sprinkle some stardust for Brighton

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
I am so pleased that we have got vicente to the club! would not have been possible wiithout gus! Its so exciting to see where this club is actually going! things just keep getting better and better!

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
La nueva vida de Vicente · ELPAS.com

Google translate.....Gus has got a what now? :ohmy:

Vicente Rodríguez (Valencia, 1981) is happy to go to England and start a new life, playing football and forget the bad times. That's the premise. On Monday begins training with the Brighton club, the English second division leader so far in this Championship , which gives you given the opportunity. What convinced the labia of their coach, Uruguayan Gustavo Poyet, exdelantero Zaragoza and Chelsea, when he promised he would go back to being a footballer. Not that it was in recent years (he played 98 games in three years with Valencia), but always under the suspicion that he would come back to what it was: best Spanish player in 2004, champions and Cup Championship, 38 caps. Traveling with her ​​partner and her daughter to this coastal town in southern England, 70 miles from London's Gatwick airport with direct flights from Valencia. He has signed for two years.
The left side is dying to go back to playing ball. After the Valencia decided not to renew, Vincent spent the summer waiting, looking muscle in the community swimming pool where he lives in Valencia, running and doing weights at the orders of a particular trainer, John Torrijos. Succulent offerings came as one of Saudi Arabia, but was not convinced. I wanted something that excited his footballing spirit. He spoke of a history of England, Brighton, founded in 1901 and finalist of the Cup in 1986, defeated by Manchester United. A club once trained by the legendary Brian Clough, even if there happen to more pain than glory in the 1974-75 season, and from the Derby County before joining Leeds in place of Don Revie, appointed new England coach.

On the one hand, Vincent will start to feel a little star physicist with you: you have left to hold any position as the midfield forward. And, secondly, you will feel much less noticed than any other team in the Spanish League or the English Premier League. With the understanding of a technician who speaks your language, an important aspect of a clumsy guy in communication. Money has not been an obstacle, although it came at the Mestalla to collect almost two million net per season. The Brighton offers much less, but, according to British tradition, will be paid weekly, based on performance, the wage may even multiply. Vincent begins a new life in southern England.

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
Hahaha. Well, it doesn't mean what it means in English. In Spanish, a person with 'labia' is one that can win you over with the way he talks and can be persuasive.

BTW, I have seen the article at The Argus. Can someone post the full article from the newspaper? No need to type it here obviously...a 'readable' photo of the pages would be fine.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
nice to know we were in the 86 cup final aswell as 83 lol

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Hahaha. Well, it doesn't mean what it means in English. In Spanish, a person with 'labia' is one that can win you over with the way he talks and can be persuasive.

BTW, I have seen the article at The Argus. Can someone post the full article from the newspaper? No need to type it here obviously...a 'readable' photo of the pages would be fine.

Ah, thanks Mestella! That explains it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

I'll put it up later if no one else does.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Great articles, thanks for the heads up

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
"The main thing was chatting with Poyet," Vicente said, "and he explained about the club and the way the team plays, the stadium & everything about the football rather than the money. It gave me a good feeling. The team plays passing, attacking football which will suit me. They like to enjoy playing and so I think I'm at the right club."

Actually, that was Calderon's translation of what Vicente said, and it rather added to his original words, which didn't include "and so I think I'm at the right club." But I'm sure he does think that, and it was nice of Calde to put those words in his mouth. There would have been a more accurate trasnslation if I had managed to persuade the Independent that they needed a Vicente piece rather than yet another Paolo Di Canio profile...

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Heard rumours he hasn't even travelled with the squad...true or false?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You're welcome :)

Here you go, only 5 days after I promised them :lol: (sorry)
Hope this is what you were looking for!

vic1.jpgvic2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here