Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente, Bruno, David Villa, David Silva + Mata

Im Not A JCL

Aug 29, 2011
BN15
they were once on the same team together, look where villa etc are now, top class players that have onced played with our boys!!!!!

Attachments

• valencia.jpg
    valencia.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 312

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
THAT'S why Zigic and Vicente greeted each other like old friends at the game last season! Had no idea Zigic had played for Valencia.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
£90K I believe - which is why I said Zigic was the highest paid after Bridge :thumbsup:

We reportedly only pay £10K of Bridge's wages while Blues pay every penny of Zigic's

That's not what I've heard, I think we pay less than that of Bridge's wages

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You've got to be joking :ohmy:

Zigic had a contract that started in their final year in the Premier League at £55K with a guaranteed £10K a week increase each year and no relegation clause - hence his first season of Championship football he earned £65K a week and is on £75K a week now. Birmingham have touted him everywhere but there are no takers as the player (quite reasonably in my view) declines to take a pay cut.

Echoes of Portsmouth? Birmingham City's financial "arrangements" - and not just under current ownership - make for interesting analysis

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Zigic had a contract that started in their final year in the Premier League at £55K with a guaranteed £10K a week increase each year and no relegation clause - hence his first season of Championship football he earned £65K a week and is on £75K a week now. Birmingham have touted him everywhere but there are no takers as the player (quite reasonably in my view) declines to take a pay cut.

Echoes of Portsmouth? Birmingham City's financial "arrangements" - and not just under current ownership - make for interesting analysis

That is crazy, for that money i hope they have him doing some odd jobs around St Andrews! But yeah that contract sounds like a sure fire way to destroy your club. And as you said its not the players fault its whoever agreed to that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here