Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very underated actors and actresses.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Loved a lot of the old school actors.....black and white films.....but a great actor today....Colin Farrell.....Phone Booth was superb.

Farrell delivers time and time again. He was also very good in Minority Report.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jonny Depp in Edward Scissorhands. After that it was all downhill but ES is superb as he is in it.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Mood-magazine-outtake-michael-fassbender-31111451-539-700.jpg

Michael Fassbender. Superb in both Shame and Hunger.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I agree he is very good. I rate Carey highly. He was immense in The Truman Show and his performance in the forgotten, Cable Guy was superb.

Man on the moon. He was born to play Kaufman.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bruce Willis.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
John.C.Reilly

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone here know what underrated means? I'm pretty sure more than half the names on this list are highly rated, are major award winners, or a-list stars. Not exactly underrated.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Surely by your statement, you are implying Depp is overrated :jester:
Either way I'd say he was near the top of the A - Listers.

A list for box office, never got within a sniff of an acting award to my knowledge but ES was close to Oscar material for me.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I struggle to take the likes of Will Smith and Nicholas Cage seriously as actors. They're always in the same types of films, which are mostly sentimental clap-trap.

Guy Pearce is a decent shout.

Danny Dyer*

*Joke

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Jim Carrey in - I love You Phillip Morris was also great. I've found not many people have even heard of this film!?

Dreadful, took my two daughters of 15 and 17 thinking it was going to be a comedy! Thought it was odd that only about 10 people were in the place, we were about the 5,6,&7 to leave, after about 40 minutes. Certainly a different Carrey film

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Does anyone here know what underrated means? I'm pretty sure more than half the names on this list are highly rated, are major award winners, or a-list stars. Not exactly underrated.

An A List star does not mean they are great actors. Hence the one's I have carefully chosen have been disregarded by their peers for their acting talent.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I struggle to take the likes of Will Smith and Nicholas Cage seriously as actors. They're always in the same types of films, which are mostly sentimental clap-trap.

Guy Pearce is a decent shout.

Danny Dyer*

*Joke

I have to disagree. Will Smith is a superb actor and Cage was brilliant in leaving Las Vegas.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Jeff Bridges, rarely a poor movie (that I've seen) and his performance in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot was superb

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Jeff Bridges, rarely a poor movie (that I've seen) and his performance in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot was superb

Agreed but pretty highly rated. Starman was his greatest performance for me with a mention for Fearless and Arlington Road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here