Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** VERY IMPORTANT WARNING: Adult content on NSC

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Stupid question I am sure, but how can Google insist that dirty pictures are kept off the site because of the adverts? Surely people click on the adverts here and are taken away from NSC to the advertisers page. It's not like people are being drawn here innocently by the adverts then being subjected to pictures of boobies?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Stupid question I am sure, but how can Google insist that dirty pictures are kept off the site because of the adverts? Surely people click on the adverts here and are taken away from NSC to the advertisers page. It's not like people are being drawn here innocently by the adverts then being subjected to pictures of boobies?

Google don't want to be associated in anyway with questionable content.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Just reported one of my own posts :down:

Is there any way you can go through your own attachments list / history and delete them yourself? Or does each pic etc have to be reported to the mods before deletion?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I have no idea what you are trying to say.
The forum is moderated at present, but still allows a certain degree of "questionable" material.
The proposal is to remove ALL of this previously acceptible stuff.
In other words your moderating is now being dictated by Google.
Therefore a major change.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The forum is moderated at present, but still allows a certain degree of "questionable" material.
The proposal is to remove ALL of this previously acceptible stuff.
In other words your moderating is now being dictated by Google.
Therefore a major change.

No it's not, the proposal is to remove all pictures featuring nudity, which is the approach we have applied before. In the past we have enforced the rule because someone viewing a nude shot on NSC at work could be in breach of their terms of employment.

We will make efforts to be more vigilant in the future about such pictures, that is all. NSC has never been the vehicle for the sale of sex toys, adult fiction or similar, so I see no change.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
No it's not, the proposal is to remove all pictures featuring nudity, which is the approach we have applied before. In the past we have enforced the rule because someone viewing a nude shot on NSC at work could be in breach of their terms of employment.

We will make efforts to be more vigilant in the future about such pictures, that is all. NSC has never been the vehicle for the sale of sex toys, adult fiction or similar, so I see no change.
There must be bloody thousands of nudey pics on this forum.
You haven't given a stuff in the past (rightly so by the way - unless they are OTT) so don't give me such guff that nothing will change under Google ads.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
[MENTION=1836]TonyW[/MENTION] - I can see you are a man of principle, but you're standing up for our right to include content that is irrelevant to the purpose of the board (and, incidentally, puts some people off taking part - though that's not my point here). I humbly suggest that there are more important things to take a stand on.

Sep 1, 2010
Google don't want to be associated in anyway with questionable content.

That has to be the biggest two faced demand by google in the history of the internet then. I am going hold back on saying what i really think of them but they are a disgrace as far as i am concerned and so are a huge amount of laws associated with the internet.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
[MENTION=1836]TonyW[/MENTION] - I can see you are a man of principle, but you're standing up for our right to include content that is irrelevant to the purpose of the board (and, incidentally, puts some people off taking part - though that's not my point here). I humbly suggest that there are more important things to take a stand on.
Its going to be a bit boring though if all we ever talk about is football.
OK, so for the vast majority of the time we do, but there is more to life.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There must be bloody thousands of nudey pics on this forum.
You haven't given a stuff in the past (rightly so by the way - unless they are OTT) so don't give me such guff that nothing will change under Google ads.

We've turned a blind eye, perhaps wrongly so. But because we've been a bit lax in our job in the past doesn't mean we will be so in the future.

All that is happening is that the line in the sand is being shifted a bit, but not much.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Am very surprised that Google have a problem with that Ronaldo thread - that's extremely mild compared to some of the stuff that's been on here.

It's also milder than most of the ads they send me here. Probably because of my location (Cyprus is a very Russophillic country) most of the ads I get are for Russian/Ukranian bride sites. It's a bit rich that google think that thread is too adult while trying to sell me a woman.

Having said that, for the moment, if we want their money we have to play by their rules.

I may well send them a quick e-mail pointing out their hypocrisy to see what sort of response (if any) I get. Their "justifications" could actually be quite funny.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
There are thousands of other sources of 'adult' material on the internet. There is only one NSC.

Indeed! And as has been suggested, there's a place for it on NSP (sp?) - so if people still want the beautiful ladies threads, they can just move to there. The NSFW thing has been a bit of an issue in particular for me in the past and it'll be a real benefit if I don't have to worry (as much) about the risks of clicking on a thread

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
We've turned a blind eye, perhaps wrongly so. But because we've been a bit lax in our job in the past doesn't mean we will be so in the future.

All that is happening is that the line in the sand is being shifted a bit, but not much.
Because Google say so!!!
If it was your decision, I would respect it - I have no respect for google and absolutely no respect for outside censorship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here