Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very easy solution to no bookmakers at The Amex.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
the extremely simple solution is to get a smart phone, open a betfair accout online (making sure you use a friend to recommend you so you both get a free £25 bet) and have a bet. prices on goalscorers and correct score are far better than you would get with a bookmaker at the ground and you can do the betting without queueing up as you can do it from your seat. Bingo! :)
You can also bet in running which floats my boat.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
the extremely simple solution is to get a smart phone, open a betfair accout online (making sure you use a friend to recommend you so you both get a free £25 bet) and have a bet. prices on goalscorers and correct score are far better than you would get with a bookmaker at the ground and you can do the betting without queueing up as you can do it from your seat. Bingo! :)
You can also bet in running which floats my boat.

Assuming that you can get a Signal !
And Assuming that you can hear the operator ! and vice-versa !

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Assuming that you can get a Signal !
And Assuming that you can hear the operator ! and vice-versa !

there is no operator, all done on line :) Obviously the signal is a must!

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
"Im sorry Sir, youre breaking up!",
"can you repeat your acc no> sir",
"I"ll read that back sir, thats £2 win on etc, etc, ....",
NO" that was £10 win on etc etc....!",and with all the singing and shouting we should expect at a football stadium !
from the comfort of your own seat !!!!!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think everyone knows about mobile betting, but a lot of people like doing it a kiosk and actually having a betting slip in their hand

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You're missing the point.

Those who bet in the stadium are generally not serious punters who want to eek out every %age point of value by using Betfair. They'll almost certainly be small-time casual punters who have a hunch in the ground and want to back it there and then with a small 'just for interest' wager with some change or a small note from their pocket. They'll not want to setup and fund an account with a card.

And an in-stadium bookie will have far more markets on offer than Betfair from the "2-1 to the Albion, Bridcutt to score first" stuff to some more fun bets.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Those who bet in the stadium are generally not serious punters who want to eek out every %age point of value by using Betfair. They'll almost certainly be small-time casual punters who have a hunch in the ground and want to back it there and then with a small 'just for interest' wager with some change or a small note from their pocket. They'll not want to setup and fund an account with a card.

And an in-stadium bookie will have far more markets on offer than Betfair from the "2-1 to the Albion, Bridcutt to score first" stuff to some more fun bets.

Entirely this.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

My point really is that some of the crowd prefer cash betting, im adaptable , i do both,

we are also being encouraged to spend time at thew ground before and after games, surely a bookies with tvs showing, results, other sports would enhance our visit ? and the club had previously promised these facilities

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My point really is that some of the crowd prefer cash betting, im adaptable , i do both,

we are also being encouraged to spend time at thew ground before and after games, surely a bookies with tvs showing, results, other sports would enhance our visit ? and the club had previously promised these facilities

That's another good point. I'm assuming lunchtime live games will be screened on concourse TVs and amongst those who have arrived at the ground early, as I believe the club want, will be those who would happily drop a couple of quid on the game to give them some extra interest.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Agree with this, one of the best ways to boost the whole 'arrive early, leave late' strategy would have been sport on TV and betting opportunities. Personally I don't think that strategy is going to work anyway, but that would have been a good way to try.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

So,
Q. What do you do if there isnt a signal then ?
A. Cry in your beer and bore your mates about the £100 that you didnt win ....
So Can we please have the Bookies that we were promised

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Fair point. perhaps i bet too much.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Plus the fact that not all albion fans are "High-Tech",

even if you are,
will you get online?
will you get 2 bars on your phone?

?? ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here