Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very dissapointed by the xmas parties.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I can see why kids would be gutted their favourite player wasn't there and in an ideal world they all would be - some might argue a few hours isn't much to give up considering the privileged lifstyle they enjoy.

BUT. And it is a MAMMOTH but.

THAT IS LIFE. Things are not always exactly how you want them. AND, more importantly, it was FREE.

SHUDDUP your face moaning and realise how lucky our young fans are to have anything like this at all.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just wish mine were still young enough to go they would have loved it .... there are people at my work who have never been to the Albion but they have youngsters signed up to the junior seagulls because they heard how good the goodies were ... Go back 10yrs and they got almost feck all

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Some of Gully's Girls look as young as Little Hiney.

In FAIRNESS to MOK, if the 'star' players attended one party and they were all at the same venue, it does seem a little tight not to be there for all three.

Just saying like.

Obviously, muchos kudos to the club for even holding the events mind.

Seriously ... my lads met Gary, Gary Hart and Calderon, what's not to like?

To be honest next year, if held, we won't get anywhere near the players as they'll be so many wanting to go, and I hope this is the case ... hundreds of kids in Albion kit trying to get a glimpse of the players will be spot on ... meaning we have a massive fan base coming through.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I'm going through all my relatives etc thinking of which child I could take to next years party, any excuse to meet Gus!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Kids are dead FICKLE anyway. If their 'favourite player' isn't at their party, they'll just choose a new favourite, from the ones that are!

sweetmods

Jan 31, 2004
Shoreham Beach
My two nippers had a brilliant time. Being aged 3 and 4 they really didn't mind which players they met. We attended the 5pm slot and as we were one of the last people in the queue i was a little fearful that the players may be a little tired of the whole thing by the time my two thrust their autograph pads in front of them - this couldn't be further from the truth as to a man they were very polite, friendly and attentive. The whole event was extremely positive - well done the Albion. Does the person moaning about the lack and number of 'star' players honestly want or expect anyone to sit for 6 hours signing? What a shame that such a positive set of posts was started by someone being so ridiculously negative.........some people!!!!!!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
My 3 year old took great pleasure in telling Gus (with no hint of irony or sarcasm) he'd just scored two penalties in the shootout. Gus then told him not to say it too loud in case it upset the players next to him, before then turning to the players and telling them that a 3 year old was scoring penalties for fun. That made my boy feel really good that his achievement was being bigged up by the great man.

You cant buy those kind of experiences for kids and the fact it was free, really highlights how good a job was done. yes my boy would have loved to have met Calderon, Elliott Bennett, Adam El-Abd or Gary Hart but he was focussed on who he did meet rather than who he didn't.

This made me laugh. I'm still smiling.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
POLL; What are your thoughts on the Albion's kids party?

A/ Disgaceful, waste of time and poor response from so called 1st teamers.....................1 vote :tosser:

B/ Brilliant party, well organised and excellant effort by all the squad and staff..................69 votes :clap:

spunkmonkey

Jul 11, 2005
Eastbourne
The club currently has just under 12000 registered junior seagulls. They put the party on for free and provide all the entertainment, hire the facility all at their cost. The postage to all Junior Seagulls is huge in it's self. All three sessions were brilliant and only two people complained out of the 2400plus that attended. The club were spot on splitting the players up to attend the three parties 10-12 players at a time. All the players were spot on and the unsung people at the club did a great job on the day. I couldn't find anything negative about the whole event and more importantly it is a great way of getting the kids to become the future fans of our great club, hopefully they won't be as miserable and ungrateful as some of our current crop of supporters!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
When i was a kid i can remember getting excited after collecting the autographs of James Virgo, Simon Fox(?) & Denny Mundee!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The club currently has just under 12000 registered junior seagulls. They put the party on for free and provide all the entertainment, hire the facility all at their cost. The postage to all Junior Seagulls is huge in it's self. All three sessions were brilliant and only two people complained out of the 2400plus that attended. The club were spot on splitting the players up to attend the three parties 10-12 players at a time. All the players were spot on and the unsung people at the club did a great job on the day. I couldn't find anything negative about the whole event and more importantly it is a great way of getting the kids to become the future fans of our great club, hopefully they won't be as miserable and ungrateful as some of our current crop of supporters!

I think that sums the thread up.

We had become rather spoilt over the last few years, with (virtually) every player being there for both parties.

With three parties, in excess of 10,000 members, it's simply no longer possible to have ALL the players there, ALL of the time.

I don't know who is head honcho of the Junior Seagulls (i know it used to be Matt Hicks) but whoever it is is doing quite simply a superb job.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
hopefully they won't be as miserable and ungrateful as some of our current crop of supporters!

Mate, I agree, but don't be fooled by the half dozen or so complete and utter CJTCs who post on here as being in any way representitive of the current crop of Albion fans. I'm sure that statistically, less than 0.1% of our supporters are utter wankers, sadly, they all seem to post on here.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think I might sign my nephew up as a junior seagull so I can go to the party next year, well that and try to ensure he becomes an Albion fan rather than Liverpool.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This thread is embarrassing.
The club lay on a series of free partys for the kids, yet because "only" Calderon, Dicker and Bridcutt there from the first team its supposedly a big disappointment ?? I suspect the kids all had a great time at the party, and the only real disappointment is from the parents who wanted to rub shoulders with more players.
Yes, yes it is.

Or rather, the OP is embarrassing. Most of the rest of us thinks it was a fantastic effort on behalf of the club and rightly so.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm going through all my relatives etc thinking of which child I could take to next years party, any excuse to meet Gus!

The offer of my single mates is still there. They're all pretty immature so they will fit the bill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here