Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Verbruggen out for up to 6 weeks

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Apologies if fixtures but scrolled down and couldn’t see a thread. Bart out for up to 6 weeks with an ‘unspecified injury’ apparently?..

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Apologies if fixtures but scrolled down and couldn’t see a thread. Bart out for up to 6 weeks with an ‘unspecified injury’ apparently?..
Yeh, fixtures and someone put it on the Bart Verbruggen thread. It is however more intriguing than just another injury seeing as Bart has been on the beach since the Euros, so unless he hurt his back picking Wakins' winner out of the net in the 91st minute, it's perplexing that he's managed to injure himself.

Also, had he even reported back for training with the rest of the squad yet? If not, I can't understand how he's been assessed by the meds and declared unfit for a very specific timescale (and back just after window slams shut).

Having said all that, it's from a single source who's a legit journalist but not particularly ITK or reliable on us: Peter O'Rourke

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
FFS

Season not even started yet but the injuries have.

Enciso I'm concerned about having been injured, come back only to go to the Copa America and now the Olympics. Had no time to relax himself.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
FFS

Enciso I'm concerned about having been injured, come back only to go to the Copa America and now the Olympics. Had no time to relax himself.
Paraguay got knocked out of the Copa at the group stage, they played their last game on about the 2nd July. He’s probably been able to get in a longer break than those that played at the Euros will have.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Thank you for posting as ridiculous for others to call "fixtures" on something like that. I, and am sure many, don't click on every thread after every post to check for significant news like that.

So many thanks for posting.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
FFS

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not sure Bart's actually injured. However, given the alternaitve reason for hs unavailability until our game the day after the transfer window closes, I doubt it does make you feel better.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Thank you for posting as ridiculous for others to call "fixtures" on something like that. I, and am sure many, don't click on every thread after every post to check for significant news like that.

So many thanks for posting.
Yes i didn't know . I'm a bad NSC person. I Just love the way that people jump on it like its some sort of crime telling us our main goal keeper is injured.

Edit: I must get a life and be on NSC more :eek: i'm averaging a post every 2/3 days over 15 years, what a rebel :giggle:

Last edited:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
To be fair i was onlly sitting thinking , I wonder if Bart is injured yet. If only i had looked on the Bart Verbruggen signs for 5 years thread. What a muppet i am (y)

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
If it makes you feel any better, I'm not sure Bart's actually injured. However, given the alternaitve reason for hs unavailability until our game the day after the transfer window closes, I doubt it does make you feel better.
The whole idea that we're pretending our goalkeeper is injured so that another club doesn't buy him is just a completely alien idea.

Why would we pretend he is injured and not play our best keeper in the pre-season or the first few games when we could just play the guy and reject the bid?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
The whole idea that we're pretending our goalkeeper is injured so that another club doesn't buy him is just a completely alien idea.

Why would we pretend he is injured and not play our best keeper in the pre-season or the first few games when we could just play the guy and reject the bid?
Yeah, it's silly.

As for how he got injured? People do get injured outside of playing / training football. He could have fallen off his bike for all we know.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The utterly ridiculous conspiracy theory that we are saying he’s injured to avoid bids falls over the moment you consider his agent can tell other clubs he’s fit. Plus players are transferred with injuries regularly too (see Serhou Guirassy to Dortmund).

Bart being out injured for six weeks isn’t going to stop anyone bidding if they really want him.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes i didn't know . I'm a bad NSC person. I Just love the way that people jump on it like its some sort of crime telling us our main goal keeper is injured.

Edit: I must get a life and be on NSC more :eek: i'm averaging a post every 2/3 days over 15 years, what a rebel :giggle:
I don't think anybody's 'jumped on' the OP for posting. I posted a link to the discussion that was on here yesterday (it's a fault on the system that although the link goes to the actual post (post #793) where the news was broken, the headline appears as the thread title) so that people could read what had been said - and no, I didn't troll through the whole system to find it - I just happened to read it yesterday!
:shrug:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

While that idea is pretty unlikely, there are alternative explanations that aren't very palatable:

• There is firm interest at, or close to TB's magic number & Bart wants to go - none of the parties want to risk injury or reveal the deal before it's actually sealed, so the 'injury' is announced to explain his absence from the squad
  • There is firm interest but not close to TB's magic number & Bart wants to go. The player doesn't want to risk injury and says he won't play. Rather than 'out' a wantaway player that they REALLY want to keep, the 'injury' is announced to explain his absence from the squad but not burn any bridges while they convince him to stay.

Or (more likely). He's just injured.

To be clear, I don't think that there is a pretend injury, I'm just pointing out that there are explanations other than "if we lie about an injury, clubs will forget about him" (which I doubt is what @nwgull meant anyway)

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
While that idea is pretty unlikely, there are alternative explanations that aren't very palatable:

• There is firm interest at, or close to TB's magic number & Bart wants to go - none of the parties want to risk injury or reveal the deal before it's actually sealed, so the 'injury' is announced to explain his absence from the squad
  • There is firm interest but not close to TB's magic number & Bart wants to go. The player doesn't want to risk injury and says he won't play. Rather than 'out' a wantaway player that they REALLY want to keep, the 'injury' is announced to explain his absence from the squad but not burn any bridges while they convince him to stay.

Or (more likely). He's just injured.

To be clear, I don't think that there is a pretend injury, I'm just pointing out that there are explanations other than "if we lie about an injury, clubs will forget about him" (which I doubt is what @nwgull meant anyway)

He was never scheduled to go to Japan surely, as like Dunk and Groß he's having a post Euros break. Ever RDZ said this a few months ago, explaining why Rushworth would be key for pre season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here