Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Veltman v Antonio

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Veltman was, imho, very much our unsung hero of the season. A quiet but consistent performer who never goes missing. It was great to see him score today and hear him say "see you next season".

Not unsung really, he was (100% deservedly) a close second for POTS…….
900k. Absolute THEFT from Ajax. He’s a £25m+ defender IMO.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Stick him in the ManU defence he'd be their best defender & worth 3 times that. Let's hope (as he made him captain at Ajax) ten Hag hasn't considered a cheeky bid

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Stick him in the ManU defence he'd be their best defender & worth 3 times that. Let's hope (as he made him captain at Ajax) ten Hag hasn't considered a cheeky bid

If he has seen the game highlights I think he might consider him especially as he can play RB or RCB equally well. That said why did he let him go , i know his contract was up but they can always be renewed/extended.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Very first interview at Brighton and he was asked to describe himself as a footballer.

"I'm smart"

Yes you are Mr Veltman, yes you are.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

At the time some reports were saying that 900k was euros not pounds, which is even more ridiculous if so. Either way, at that price you'd need to sell 100 Veltmans to buy one Harry Maguire...laughable really!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
If he has seen the game highlights I think he might consider him especially as he can play RB or RCB equally well. That said why did he let him go , i know his contract was up but they can always be renewed/extended.

JVs contract had a loyalty clause that he could leave for 900k to premier league club in the last year

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Veltman is a great player and up there as one of my current favourites. Very handy at the dark arts when needed to be and definitely 1 of the "7" for a ruck in the tunnel.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
At the time some reports were saying that 900k was euros not pounds, which is even more ridiculous if so. Either way, at that price you'd need to sell 100 Veltmans to buy one Harry Maguire...laughable really!

I understood it to be €1M = £900k at the time - whatever it is, though, a complete bargain!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
…lost his man for our first goal though

Indeed he did, though the converse of this is Veltman was confident enough to leave him and bomb forward, grabbing the equaliser and turning the game.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'll have to rewatch but my favourite tussle will be the shithousing masterclass that was El-Abd Vs Jason Roberts. Though that did have the advantage that pretty much nothing else interesting happened in that match.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Veltman was truly outstanding marking him , he is super tough even though he doesn’t particularly look it . Runner up to Marc C for player of the year in my view . To be fair to Antonio he didn’t stay down which I think prevented Joel from getting a yellow .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here