Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Veggies - get a GRIP!!!

readingstockport said:
http://www.veganstore.co.uk/

http://www.vegetarian-shoes.co.uk/

Plastic shoes are SOOOOO passe my dear, vegetan is quite simply all the rage right now :D

Oh, you'll notice that both of those sites premises are in fact in ....

Brighton :lolol: :lolol:

I've been using these shoes and similar for years, no swaety feet ever, far, better than leather, just limited on the styles and the boots are crap, especially if you have weak ankles.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Vegetarians are a very contradictorial section of society. Most bend or mis-represent the strict view of vegetarianism to suit their own desires and preferances. This is where the ridicule of vegetarians stems from, rather than their choice to be a vegetarian. If one claims to be a vegetarian and uses the title to describe themselves and justify their standpoint then they are perpetrating a mistruth if they do not strictly adhere to a vegan diet. There really is no such thing as a vegetarian. One is either vegan or a liar. There can be no middle ground.

The one exception being if one simply does not like the taste of flesh.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nibble said:
Vegetarians are a very contradictorial section of society. Most bend or mis-represent the strict view of vegetarianism to suit their own desires and preferances. This is where the ridicule of vegetarians stems from, rather than their choice to be a vegetarian. If one claims to be a vegetarian and uses the title to describe themselves and justify their standpoint then they are perpetrating a mistruth if they do not strictly adhere to a vegan diet. There really is no such thing as a vegetarian. One is either vegan or a liar. There can be no middle ground.

The one exception being if one simply does not like the taste of flesh.

Sorry, but whilst what you say is true of some, it is completely untrue of others. Of course you can be a true vegetarian, but not vegan. What bollocks.

My wife, by way of an example is neither a vegan or a liar, thank you. She eats no meat, to the point of checking packaging very carefully, for gelatine, rennet, etc. She knows which beer, cider, etc is okay and which is not. She eats Quorn which is made with eggs, as she is vegetarian, NOT vegan. They are not the same thing.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As I said, the concept of vegetariansim does not hold up under scrutiny. While I respect and understand the reasons you defend yuor wife, it does not make my previous post any less true. There really is no offence intended, just pointing out that vegetarianism is a falsehood.

larus

I say to people that I am virtually vegetarian.

OK, sounds a bit like I'm trying to be trendy or whatever, but it describes my views.

What I mean is that I don't buy any meat to eat at home. If howver, I'm out with friends or away on business and it's easier to eat some chicken than anything else, then I will.

I prefer not to eat meat, as i don't believe that:
1. we're evolved to eat meat.
2. the meat produced and consumed in this country is healthy - too many antibiotics and growth howmones, etc.

However, I accept that the occasional meal with meat will not harm me, and I have no moral stand against eating meat.

Non meat eaters have an average 7 years longer life than meat eaters btw. We don't need to eat me, and it's not an envionmentally efficient way of providing food.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Healthy white meat is a great way to ingest protein. Meat, while not essential to the human diet is certainly advantagous to a healthy diet if the right meat is selected and it is eaten as a part of a balnced diet.

Vegetarians often miss that point. Vegans I can respect though, they have the courage of their convictions. Saying I'm a vegetarian but I eat eggs or cheese is like saying I don't smoke except for marlborough lights.

Nibble said:
Healthy white meat is a great way to ingest protein. Meat, while not essential to the human diet is certainly advantagous to a healthy diet if the right meat is selected and it is eaten as a part of a balnced diet.

Vegetarians often miss that point. Vegans I can respect though, they have the courage of their convictions. Saying I'm a vegetarian but I eat eggs or cheese is like saying I don't smoke except for marlborough lights.

But eggs and cheese are not meat?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
But they are animal products. I can see that there really is no point arguing against ill-informed so called vegetarians. I will state my case for one last time. There is no such thing as a vegetarian. You are either vegan or you are a carnivore. There can be no honest middle ground.

Nibble said:
But they are animal products. I can see that there really is no point arguing against ill-informed so called vegetarians. I will state my case for one last time. There is no such thing as a vegetarian. You are either vegan or you are a carnivore. There can be no honest middle ground.

No I do see your point, just that the way I understand the whole (moral) idea of vegetarianism is not to eat the flesh of any animal that has been killed for the purpose of human consumption - chickens lay eggs and cows produce milk anyway and it doesn't hurt them, so it is completely different from eating physical flesh.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
No I do see your point, just that the way I understand the whole (moral) idea of vegetarianism is not to eat the flesh of any animal that has been killed for the purpose of human consumption - chickens lay eggs and cows produce milk anyway and it doesn't hurt them, so it is completely different from eating physical flesh.

But what animals produce these products? The ones that are about to be slaughtered to provide meat.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What else happens to the animals? Ok. I really do not expect any so called vegetarians to admit that they are just claiming to be vegetarians but not actually thinking of the implications so I will drop the argument.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
By the way I am neither a vegetarian or a vegan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here