Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vegas - helicopter to grand canyon

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We did plane from LV. Over and down deep into the canyon. Grand Canyon has it's own little airport. Land, jump on a bus, takes you to different spots around the rim and throw in a lunch. Worth doing.

Thinking along those lines as well on a small aircraft as the Mrs may suffer on a helicoptor.

Going in February

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One question, should you pre-book this prior to going out there or can you just do it a day or two in advance ?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I flew on a small plane to the helicopter station, then copter down into the canyon, then boat, lunch, then all the same in reverse.

Great day but I actually remember the small plane bit most vividly - an 8-seater. You could see clearly out of both sides of the plane whilst in yuor seat, it was a little bit windy and like flying on the back of a big bird.

Ditto. I booked the trip with Virgin before I left the UK. The little plane from Vegas down to the canyon is not for the faint hearted. It's a tiny little thing that gets buffeted and the engine sounds like its about to cut out. However fabulous view of LAke Mead and the Hoover dam.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
One question, should you pre-book this prior to going out there or can you just do it a day or two in advance ?

You can do either. We booked ours out there a couple of days in advance. There are loads of opportunities to do so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here