Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Spit1.JPG

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I saw it come SE/NW over central Worthing a little while back, unmistakeable, not going at full speed mind !

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I think I saw it (through binoculars)- quite a long way out to sea off Hove Prom about 1:15. Lots of slightly disappointed people.

Looked like it did a victory roll over St Dunstans on the way.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If the idea is to honour people who played a big part in the war then they should fly over Bexhill.

After all, Spike Milligan was stationed here before he went to Italy, on guard at Galley Hill, a few hundred yards for me. Plus he has a slightly strange iron statue of him there so clearly a war hero!

“The die was cast. It was a proud day for the Milligan family as I was taken from the house. "I'm too young to go," I screamed as Military Policemen dragged me from my pram, clutching a dummy. At Victoria Station the R.T.O. gave me a travel warrant, a white feather and a picture of Hitler marked "This is your enemy." I searched every compartment, but he wasn't on the train. At 4.30, June 2nd, 1940, on a summer's day all mare's tails and blue sky we arrived at Bexhill-on-Sea, where I got off. It wasn't easy. The train didn't stop there.”
― Spike Milligan, Adolf Hitler: My Part in His Downfall

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Amazing story of one of the pilots from WWII

Lovely bit of video, we should not forget that there were many hero's of all countries, we tend to think of the Yanks that they sat out the worst of the war but, flying an unarmed reccie plane deep in to Germany was incredibly brave, bless him .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Was quite a way out in Lancing but the Merlin engine sound and the silhouette are unmistakable.

Quite a few people on Beach Green oblivious to the piece of history flying above them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I went to the Bournemouth airshow last summer, where a Spitfire did a mock-dogfight with a Thunderbolt along the beach. As it swooped down behind it, they played loud machine-gun fire over the pier tannoy, and the Thunderbolt let off a smoke cannister, like it'd been hit and banked away. Absolutely GLORIOUS.

Just seeing those eliptical wings is so evocative. Its a genuinely beautiful machine. I've just had a 1:48 Airfix model delivered, and I can't wait to get stuck into it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
My house looks over Ovingdean from Woodingdean, looked a bit misty so thought i wouldn't get camera out and perhaps it will be too far away. Later I was on the phone to daughter and i heard the roar of the engine looked up and it must have passed over 50 yards from the house. It came and went quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here