Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
..according to SSN, breaking news...

ECB news conference at 1pm.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He was wearily shaking his head and mumbling to himself as the South Africans were knocking off those last few runs yesterday. Looked like a dead man walking, he'd clearly had enough of it.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Shame, nice bloke, brilliant skipper, shame that he's letting the team down with his batting. Personally id keep him as theres big runs round the corner for him!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think his batting is too poor to warrant inclusion and his captaincy has gone downhill over that last year or so.

He was a good skipper and a good batsman but, all things come to an end :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But WHO is there to REPLACE him ?

Aggers, last night on 5Live suggested that Rob Key would warrant inclusion as both a batsman and as Skipper

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Strauss
Cook
Collingwood
Pietersen
Flintoff

Must be leading candidates, but not sure how pleased with them I would be. But it must be hard to bring someone in that isnt already regularly in the team.

Strauss... needs to get his own batting sorted 1st
Cook... not captaincy material
Collingwood.....hardly set the one-day team alight as captain ?
Pieterson.. Inexperienced, much more use as a batsman only
Flinthoff..... tried and failed due to trying to copy Botham, trys to win matches on his own and ends up throwing his wicket away or overbowling himself.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
I would go for a short term appointment of Collingwood, as he is skipper of the one day team and see how it goes. There is time to make a long term appointment in the autumn.

Of the others, Flintoff is a good leader on the field, but not off it. It feels too soon for Peiterson and Cook.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Kevin Pietersen will be made captain of both Test team and One day team

That is a prediction worthy of Mon Oncle Spielburg, probably with his usual result. :D

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Vaughan was a brilliant captain but its obvious his own poor batting performances of late have made him think about quitting.

Personally I'd take the fat Key back, he's scoring runs and doing alright at Kent. Pietersen is no captain IMO, Strauss is alright but he needs to concentrate on his batting, Collingwood no thanks.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
In my opinion, Pieterson is probably the best captain out of the limited options currently in the team, but giving him the job would ruin his batting. As he's our best batsman (in fact, our ONLY quality batsman), I wouldn't even consider risking losing his runs.

it does worry you when you realise Pietersen is currently our best batsmen with Cook 2nd and BROAD of all people 3rd! his runs of late have been quality but he should not be 3rd by a long way!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here