Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Van Nistelrooy charged

Waterhall Wizard

Only one PETER WARD
Oct 14, 2004
East of Brighton
Re: Wenger

Keith B Wetherill said:

Of course on reflection Van Nistelroys tackle on Cole was a bit over the top and rightly there will be an inquiry but to call the referee a cheat shows Wenger up for what he is...
On Sunday the BEST team won.enough said :p

Oh! Just a bit over the top, Keith?

What programme were you watching? I didn't hear Wenger call the referee a cheat. I did hear him suggest the Van Nistelroy was a practiced cheat who seemed to get away with a lot.

I must say this thread has brought a lot of United and Spurs biggots out of the closet.

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Waterhall Wizard said:
I'm not following your logic, Safeway.

Are you saying that, because there have been two f***ing disgraceful pieces of assault in previous matches, another one doesn't matter?

I'm completely following Safeway's logic. Ask yourself why - why were those players not charged, and Van Nistelrooy was. It certainly wasn't because the challenge was worse.

I thought the FA's integrity bottomed out, quite literally, with the Faria Alam affair, but I was clearly wrong. Basically, you only get charged with serious foul play if its Man United or Arsenal in a big game, and as for the other 18 clubs and three divisions, well, we're not so bothered about you.

I'd be interested to know when the last time was a player from Division Two was charged under this, it's not like you don't regularly see challenges of that nature.

And it's hard to a stomach some of the sanctimonious tosh coming out about this game. Be honest - everyone enjoyed it, blood and thunder stuff and a few scuffles. We'd all love to see a Brighton game like that.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I still cannot believe that Van Nistelrooy has come out and stated that it was a 50/50 challenge where both players were going for the ball. What a cheeky lying f***. I hope that the FA take that into account and ban him for a few more games. He clearly went for Cole, how he can say otherwise is beyond me.

Last edited:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I still cannot believe that Van Nistelrooy has come out and stated that it was a 50/50 challenge where both players were going for the ball. What a cheeky lying f***. I hope that the FA take that into account and ban him for a few more games. He clearly went for Cole, how he can say otherwise is beyond me.

Thats becuase he is a LIAR!! :angry:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Referee87 said:
At the end of the day , managers need to watch their comments but so many forget. Kevin Keegan last night for instance, and now Wenger.

refereeing is a difficult job to do let alone the "mind games" and crappy news shit reports that go on before a high tempo game such as united vs. arsenal.

keegan is a crap manager and always has used refs as the reason he never wins anything

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Everybody has long known that Ruud is often a cheat, but now he's shown that he can be one nasty b@stard as well. Could've broken Cole's leg and ruined a fellow professional's career.:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here