Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Value our squad

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
With the sale of arguably our most valuable asset in Leon Knight it got me thinking to just how much the rest of our squad would be worth.

We've certainly got some players you couldn't give away but which ones would command the highest price?

For me I think our most valuable players have to be Seb Carole (hopefully proving an astute bit of business from McGhee), Adam Hinshelwood (assuming he picks up where he left off before his injuries) and Michel Kuipers. But would any of these players command more than £100k in todays market? I wouldn't want to sell any of them for this price but if they had to go could we realistically expect any more?

I'm keen to see what value everyone puts on our current squad, and are we worth less than the team that got relegated from this division last time round (even excluding Zamora)?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Leon was sold for £125k due to contract and speed of sale to free up funds. I don't think you can value a squad accurately, as it depends on what teams are willing to pay.

Stab in the dark £1.5m???

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I'd be very disspointed if we sold CKR, Carole, Frutos or El Abd for the 125k we got for Leon. While I think 125k was a fair deal you have to look at the factors involved such as contract, time at the club, age and the competition for his signing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here