Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Value of old Albion shirts

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry for bouncing an oldish thread, but I was in Pompey for a couple of days, and walking down to Gunwharf Quays on Thursday afternoon, I spotted 4 teenage lads, all wearing Skint shirts. I commented to a friend of mine, who lives in Waterlooville, but comes from Newhaven, about it.
As we walked past them, they were speaking French.
Intriguing.

autopsyturvey

Feb 24, 2018
Something I've been meaning to ask: I've got a team-signed Brian Horton shirt tucked away that I got at a boot fair many years ago (five quid, I seem to remember!). I'd have to dig it out to be sure, but I think it's very like this one on eBay. I assume it's Horton's as he's signed the back and the rest of the team have signed the front. Unfortunately, someone at some point has removed the club badge.
What are the chances of finding just a badge from the same era and making it whole again?
Or, would it be better not to do that?

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
I had the shirt seen in my icon image....gave it away about 30 years ago...never seen one on Ebay or anywhere else......I also own a pair of the blue and white striped shorts which match the TSB era shirt....again never seem a pair.of these for sale.....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Something I've been meaning to ask: I've got a team-signed Brian Horton shirt tucked away that I got at a boot fair many years ago (five quid, I seem to remember!). I'd have to dig it out to be sure, but I think it's very like this one on eBay. I assume it's Horton's as he's signed the back and the rest of the team have signed the front. Unfortunately, someone at some point has removed the club badge.
What are the chances of finding just a badge from the same era and making it whole again?
Or, would it be better not to do that?
If it was a playing shirt the Brighton badge would have been embroidered. If it was a replica shirt the badge would have been heat pressed and they were notorious for degrading through wear and washing etc. it would be easy enough to get a new heat press badge printed and apply it with a hot iron. I did it once many moons ago to a faded Bukta shirt, looked excellent.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Wondered if anyone on here had any old skint era shirts in their collection they might want to part with? Size medium, or possibly large.

NSC viewer

Apr 26, 2022
Not sure if mentioned earlier in the thread as I haven’t read it all but there’s a good show on Netflix called King of Collectables which shows behind the scenes at an auction site, some of the items they obtain and how much they sell for.

Good casual viewing and although mostly American sports it’s amazing what some items go for. I was more shocked by NBA or Pokemon cards and the prices people will pay for a sealed box which they then live stream box openings looking for a certain card

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here