Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Value for money?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Last season, going on £440 for a season ticket it cost fans...

£110 for every home win and £20.90 for every home goal.

I see yesterday that an adult can take an under 11 to Charlton every home game for the grand price of £325.

Last edited:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'd still rather spend te money on a Brighton season ticket than watch charlton. simple reason I am a brighton and hove albion fan so have no interest in watching charlton

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
tinx said:
I'd still rather spend te money on a Brighton season ticket than watch charlton. simple reason I am a brighton and hove albion fan so have no interest in watching charlton

:clap:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Richie Morris said:
Same here Tinx I was just comparing the value for money...

Charlton's cheapest adult season ticket is around £300.

For obvious reasons I would have thought. Clearly, we do not get value for money as they are in the Premiership and we are in League One with no cover from the elements.

Are you not just stating the obvious?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Richie Morris said:
Same here Tinx I was just comparing the value for money...

Charlton's cheapest adult season ticket is around £300.

But if you buy a Charlton season ticket for £300 you won't get to see the Albion at all, so it's £300 wasted. I fail to see the value for money there...

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Uncle Buck said:
That accounts for those of us that will renew whatever, but it is another factor in losing the floating fan and last season certainly was not value for money.

Agreed

But then floating fans wouldn't be looking to buy a season ticket in most cases and match on match tickets at Charlton are not so cheap.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Trufflehound said:
But if you buy a Charlton season ticket for £300 you won't get to see the Albion at all, so it's £300 wasted. I fail to see the value for money there...

That was the point I was trying to make in the first place.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You can catch a coach from Eastbourne, Hastings, East Grinstead or Haywards Heath (I believe) to the Valley and back AND get a ticket for their first league game against Bolton for £20.

Richie Morris said:
You can catch a coach from Eastbourne, Hastings, East Grinstead or Haywards Heath (I believe) to the Valley and back AND get a ticket for their first league game against Bolton for £20.

What is your point? That the club is doing so well financially that we should cut ticket prices and provide free coaches from Hastings?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Perry Milkins said:
I saw a floating turd once...is that like a floating fan?

I wouldn't want to be aorund when the floating turd hit the floating fan though. Very Messy

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No. The point I was making is that our season ticket prices are RUBBISH value for money because last season we forked out £110 for every home win we saw.

The Charlton comment was a mere aside.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I would imagine it has something to do with the fact that Charlton's total costs/number of attendees is much lower than ours meaning that they can price their tickets more favourably.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'd love to be supporter of a straight forward team but my heart wont let me.
And before anyone says they wouldnt have it any other way . . .what bullshit. The whole deal with the Albion at the moment is absolutely f***ing shit. . . .but I still Love them

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Dougal said:
I'd love to be supporter of a straight forward team but my heart wont let me.
And before anyone says they wouldnt have it any other way . . .what bullshit. The whole deal with the Albion at the moment is absolutely f***ing shit. . . .but I still Love them

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here