Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Valentine Days - PAH !.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Valentines Day - PAH !.

Its a load off shite isn't it ?.

I will be taking a breather this Valentine Day in view of the fact I will be on my own. I did not want to go to La Piazza in Hove anyway. To see all those doughy eyed people in Love. How sickening is that ?.

I will be going to the Albion and then the World is my Oyster.

What are the singletons doing on this day ?.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
-The Albion.

-Maybe the pub if anybody's left to go out with :(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We did ours last week - fabularse weekend in London. Took in Phantom of the Opera at Her Majestys Theatre (stunning), the London Eye, and paid £11 for a pint of lager and a Southern Comfort.

You can't ask for more than that.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Valentines day really is a big con isn`t it ? nearly all the restaurants put up their prices because of this 'special' day and its 3 squid for a f***ing card. Now I hear my missus has brought me a present after agreeing that we would blank this stupid comercial day of con and that means I will have to go out first thing in the morning to get her a card and a quarter of wine gums.
Bollox

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Albion, followed by The Station.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We did ours last week - fabularse weekend in London. Took in Phantom of the Opera at Her Majestys Theatre (stunning), the London Eye, and paid £11 for a pint of lager and a Southern Comfort.

Oy Easy, you are happily married and in love so you are not welcome on this thread :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Valentines day really is a big con isn`t it ? nearly all the restaurants put up their prices because of this 'special' day and its 3 squid for a f***ing card. Now I hear my missus has brought me a present after agreeing that we would blank this stupid comercial day of con and that means I will have to go out first thing in the morning to get her a card and a quarter of wine gums.
Bollox

Steady :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Which pubs? Please tell me you took The Churchill from my recommendations..! :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I have, in the past, dated girls who insisted that I recognize 'Valentine's Day'.

That's why they are in the past.

Wimmins who buy that shit about societal chosen days especially for proving emotional attachments are just plain arseholes. You can tell them I said so 'n all.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I gave my ex flowers and cuddly toys and all that Jazz every week for the 3 years we were together. Valentine's day is for Men ( and Women ) to wake up and stop taking their other halfs for granted but they should be doing that everyday anyway.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have, in the past, dated girls who insisted that I recognize 'Valentine's Day'.

That's why they are in the past.

Wimmins who buy that shit about societal chosen days especially for proving emotional attachments are just plain arseholes. You can tell them I said so 'n all.

I think it's a bunch of poo (and not because I'm single). Almost without fail, the cards on the shop shelves are full of cringeworthy poetry, expressing sentiments that I'd never in a million years say to anybody. Surely the whole point of a card is that it says what you want to say, not a hideous, cloying rhyme written by a marketing guru in an office in Bury St Edmunds.

And much of the so-called gifts that are sold on the back of the day are utter tat. Heart shaped ice-cube trays? Er, yeah, thanks for that, darling. Lovely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here