Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valentín Barco **Season Loan To Sevilla 23/08/24**

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ferdi hasn't signed yet, Hinsh ok but a midfielder covering at fullback, Estupinan coming off bad injury so unsure whether he'll return to his best, Veltman can't play every week and injury prone Lamptey.

Definitely too early to say we have adequate cover.
Boscagli potentially too.....

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Not having a go at you, but look at the number of qualifiers in your post. Rightly, because none of us know anything. It could be true. He could be going. However, it's not yet a fait accompli, but the posting that followed the report universally assumed it was. Some journalist from Rotterdam pretty much had a bed laid out in his spare room awaiting Buonanotte's arrival, WBG's been off to Napoli all summer, Lamptey was supposed to be off on loan last summer, or was it January? Some come true, some don't. The whole business is a cloud of tittle in a nebula of tattle and yet every uttering is taken as the voice of the burning bush preceding the tablets of stone.

All I'm saying is let's worry about it when it happens, not if it might happen.
If we did this on every thread, NSC would be a lonely place.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Ferdi hasn't signed yet, Hinsh ok but a midfielder covering at fullback, Estupinan coming off bad injury so unsure whether he'll return to his best, Veltman can't play every week and injury prone Lamptey.

Definitely too early to say we have adequate cover.
Hinsh has only played one game in midfield that I recall, and we got battered at Villa Park. What’s to say the club don’t see him now as a full back who can play midfield rather than the opposite?

Veltman and Lamptey won’t need to play every week as they’ll be second choice, less games this season.

I’d argue too early to say we don’t have adequate cover, but then I’m a glass half full kind of guy 😉

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
FPL users in complete meltdown at the moment with this news on top of Quanseh being subbed at half time and unlikely to start for Liverpool again in the near future!

(Yours truly being one of them)
Do you really think Quansah is going to be frozen out after one bad game? He started pretty much every pre-season friendly!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Less positive report from Spain - a loan with option to buy @€10m ☹️
Given we paid 10 million US Dollars for him I am struggling to see how we would accept 10 million Euros for a player who has class written all over him (apart from on the tattooed leg). Very very un Brighton imo

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Had any of you considered that this might be made up? First tweet from an Argentine sports tabloid, picked up by a couple of internet click seekers within half an hour and everone is posting theories as to how we're going to fill his shoes. The tabloid says that the reason he's off is that he's only played 6 games, ignoring that he's played 5 of our last 7 games, started every game in pre-season and is playing under a different manager. On this evidence, I see no reason to take this seriously. I'd expect him to start on Saturday.
You're right to counsel caution at internet rumours.

But it tallies with other things we're seeing. Baleba left back in pre season, Hinsh LB at Goodison, pursuit of someone who seems to be a left back.

Also I'm gettina sense that Fabi doesn't seem to want 18 / 19 / 20 year olds in his side. He’s happy with 22 / 23 year olds, (OK, Hinsh played at Everton, but I think there are 4 others, who would have played ahead of him at LB but for injury) but I think there is a pattern developing that the age of us fielding very young players is coming to an end

If the rumour has been entirely made up, it’s a plausible one

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Let’s hope so…..but the report is pretty specific (although the fee detailed would mean no profit which seems very in-Albion)
If Tony has a brain, there's no €10m clause. And he does have a massive effing brain, so there's no €10m clause - or any kind of clause.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
You're right to counsel caution at internet rumours.

But it tallies with other things we're seeing. Baleba left back in pre season, Hinsh LB at Goodison, pursuit of someone who seems to be a left back.

Also I'm gettina sense that Fabi doesn't seem to want 18 / 19 / 20 year olds in his side. He’s happy with 22 / 23 year olds, (OK, Hinsh played at Everton, but I think there are 4 others, who would have played ahead of him at LB but for injury) but I think there is a pattern developing that the age of us fielding very young players is coming to an end

If the rumour has been entirely made up, it’s a plausible one
Slightly ironic that a 31 year old manager is adverse to using players based on their age ?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Slightly ironic that a 31 year old manager is adverse to using players based on their age ?
He's still clearly playing a young side

But with RDZ last year, it was clear he was prepared to have sides with 4 or 5 players 20 or under. Fabi seems to value the experience, and yes muscle, that comes with being a more developed adult. We will still have one of the youngest sides in the division (when Milner doesn't play), but I don't expect to see us play teenagers hardly at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here