Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Valencia's New Stadium

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Been there and seen the old and new Mestalla.

Building work stopped 4 years ago with the club being insolvent.

Was intended to hold 73,200.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Can you imagine if that had happened to us? I dare to think what it would have done to morale.

It very nearly did! I remember thinking as the crash happened that's us screwed. I wonder if they have a god like saviour that will appear from nowhere? (all they have right now is Angela Merkel)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
th

Should look something like this if they ever get it finished...... when was it started ??? 2005?????

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
cant see a train station next to it. Will they do Park and Ride from a field and a racecourse?

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
I like the amount of exits from the seating area, it takes me 10 mins to reach my nearest in WSU!

XimoVCF

Mar 12, 2012
That stadium is why the club was brought to its knees financially in the last few seasons. We started planning to build it in the early 2000's. That's when we were champions and selling out every match. Mestalla holds about 55,000. Now, we're not even filling Mestalla, and there's a 70,000+ seater on the way.

I am optimistic about the future of the club, but steps have to be taken to prevent Barça and Madrid robbing the other 18 clubs of TV money every season.

Bankia has said they'll fund the stadium, and our president has said their financial trouble shouldn't affect the deal. Hope he's right. We need to move to Nou Mestalla as soon as possible if we want to start progressing.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Right up for the Brighton/Valencia pre season friendly next year? Come on TB make it happen

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Right up for the Brighton/Valencia pre season friendly next year? Come on TB make it happen

I was just thinking that we would be the ideal opening game for Nou Mestalla. The return of Vicente would guarantee a sell-out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here