Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Vaccine-status Certifications" may be required to attend sporting events

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sunset clause just confirmed by a minister.

Look, this is Bojo we’re taking about here. His family motto is:

‘I do what I want, when I want’.

He hates social distancing with a passion. This passport is our ticket out of these restrictions ASAP. There’d be no social distancing in places with the passport (which you can get by having a jab, historical positive test or very recent negative test.

This means we could have a full Amex for the beginning of next season!

Bring it on!

Lol....let’s hope so and love the bit about Bojo.

You’ll understand my caution when creeps like Gove have said one thing and then a few months later they’ve intimated another

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ironic is it not that the younger generation who those over 50 think are ‘woke wet wipes who are pathetic whiny PC fools’ are going take yet another one on the chin so that the over 50’s can have a beer.

Unfortunately it seems to be part of a pattern over the last 30 years of the generation born between 1945 and around 1970 who continually pull the ladder up which they themselves have climbed up and done very well out of. From the assault on pensions and the spiralling of house prices through to Brexit and now this, it’s another action which disadvantages the young. Which is not, of course, to say it’s a conscious decision to act for that reason, nor does it mean people who like or support one element support every other element. But it’s part of an undeniable pattern of the young being screwed over time and again. It’s no coincidence this generation is the first in recent history to be worse off and have worse prospects than their parents.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Out of interest, in the European countries that do have id cards, how often are people asked to show them to the authorities? Spain, Germany, Belgium, Greece etc... Doesn't seem to be a major rebellion about how those Police States control their populace!!

I lived in Switzerland and Singapore for a total of six years. I never once had to show my ID card in some kind of random check in either but in both the card made accessing services much easier. It removes the whole ‘show two forms of identity including a services bill’ nonsense.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You’ll understand my caution when creeps like Gove have said one thing and then a few months later they’ve intimated another

I understand your caution completely because I think this Government (not party) is horrific. They are just not a very talented bunch.

But I’m convinced this passport scheme has been cooked up by Whitty & Valance. Bojo has swallowed the ‘no social distancing ASAP’ bait. Let’s see how the trials go.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I lived in Switzerland and Singapore for a total of six years. I never once had to show my ID card in some kind of random check in either but in both the card made accessing services much easier. It removes the whole ‘show two forms of identity including a services bill’ nonsense.

Yeah, I had an Alien Resident Card in both Japan and Taiwan. Never once had to show it randomly but was very handy for internal flights for football tournaments and when I had to open a Taiwanese bank account.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

He hates social distancing with a passion. This passport is our ticket out of these restrictions ASAP. There’d be no social distancing in places with the passport (which you can get by having a jab, historical positive test or very recent negative test.

Bring it on!

What if you don’t have or can’t afford a smart phone with the internet on?

Yoda

English & European
I'm all for taking the vaccine when It gets to my turn, but I'll be damned if I'm going to down load any passport etc just to feel privileged about it. IF brought in before the deadline I shall be cancelling my season ticket.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm all for taking the vaccine when It gets to my turn, but I'll be damned if I'm going to down load any passport etc just to feel privileged about it. IF brought in before the deadline I shall be cancelling my season ticket.

You aren’t prepared to prove to the people sitting next to you or in the beer queue that you aren’t a potential threat to their health from Covid ? Blimey

Yoda

English & European

Bring it on!

We won't need a passport to get rid of social distancing if we achieve the governments target of every adult being offered a jab before mid summer (or any time before that). If 55% of the population were showing antibodies almost 3 weeks ago on the latest survey (40% of them via vaccination) we're going to be close to heard immunity as it is when you take into account another 15% that would have some form of immunity from catching it over the course of 2020 through memory B & T cells.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What if you don’t have or can’t afford a smart phone with the internet on?

I believe a paper alternative has been mentioned for those that can't use a digital one. A guy from one company involved in the trials suggested the best option, in terms of limiting forgeries, may be to simply give the individual a number. In that scenario you'd get to the venue, give your number, staff check the face against the photo on the database.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Unfortunately it seems to be part of a pattern over the last 30 years of the generation born between 1945 and around 1970 who continually pull the ladder up which they themselves have climbed up and done very well out of. From the assault on pensions and the spiralling of house prices through to Brexit and now this, it’s another action which disadvantages the young. Which is not, of course, to say it’s a conscious decision to act for that reason, nor does it mean people who like or support one element support every other element. But it’s part of an undeniable pattern of the young being screwed over time and again. It’s no coincidence this generation is the first in recent history to be worse off and have worse prospects than their parents.

The young have ALWAYS been screwed over. There never was a golden age to be young. The young have always been cannon fodder for wars and recessions. Them's the rules. Only difference is this generation has the social media outlets to whine about it a lot more and an infinite capacity to feel sorry for themselves. Boo f*cking hoo. There will be noticeably less of them whining when their parents peg it - hopefully long in the future, obviously - and they inherit a million quid's worth of property. They'll be strangely muted then

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
The young have ALWAYS been screwed over. There never was a golden age to be young. The young have always been cannon fodder for wars and recessions. Them's the rules. Only difference is this generation has the social media outlets to whine about it a lot more and an infinite capacity to feel sorry for themselves. Boo f*cking hoo. There will be noticeably less of them whining when their parents peg it - hopefully long in the future, obviously - and they inherit a million quid's worth of property. They'll be strangely muted then

Hopefully there will be enough change after the sale of that property to not only pay for their parent's nursing / care home bills, but also just enough left after that to buy a health passport. Can't see there being much more than that left for my kids....

Apologies for continuing to veer the convesration away from the covid passport topic

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Just like the New Labour IDs card did, which is my point. If you remember back, the small state personal freedom element of the Conservative party hated such an idea.

It does highlight how complex this current regime is ideologically and like New Labour it is somewhat a marriage of convenience.

I only mentioned is because you said you'd be amazed if they ever introduced ID cards, and I do agree that people would hate them, but the way I see it is that this vaccine passport thing is the first step on a very slippery slope.

Between the government's massive majority (even though lots of Tories hate this sort of stuff) and Starmer abstaining on virtually everything it seems like they can do anything they like. Though if Starmer does decide to oppose this for a change it will restore a smidgen of my faith in the Labour party.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I thought it was common knowledge, sure I’d seen it reported on a few well known media platforms and, like you say, social media, just in the same way people follow the ‘pandemic’.

Like I said, very pleased that it wasn’t the case.

Yes, that was mentioned in the article posted by [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]
Some tweet claiming a 200 % increase in suicide rate that was retweeted 31000 times. If social media is your source of information best you avoid posting ‘facts’ on anything.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
You aren’t prepared to prove to the people sitting next to you or in the beer queue that you aren’t a potential threat to their health from Covid ? Blimey

Simple solution, seggregated stands. Put all those who refuse to be vaccinated in one section.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Maybe it'll be something as simple as entering some kind of unique vaccine reference number into your club-held fan details. Pre-load it? Green light at the turnstiles. Don't pre-load it? Be prepared to hang around outside while some more cumbersome testing process gets applied

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here