Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Vaccine-status Certifications" may be required to attend sporting events

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Everyone has the right to catch a deadly disease however dumb that sounds. What they don't have is the right to spread that to other people.

One of the main things that this pandemic has shown in this country is that whilst the vast majority can see the bigger picture, there are still those that don't.

Pretty much every right that people claim to have comes with a matching responsibility.

If a temporary passports get's things moving back to 'normal' quicker then I'm for it. There are plenty of people that are happy to travel to places that require proof of vaccination against other diseases but baulk at the idea on a domestic basis.

Temporary...ye right

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Not according to the OP. The stuff on here about pubs is theoretical and relates to the debate about libertarianism. No need for you youngsters to play the martyr just yet.

The young especially uni students have already been royally screwed over so less of the martyr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
8k to be allowed into the Carabao final ...including fans from both sides ...NHS staff and local residents ..also possibly trialing a ‘passport’ scheme ...be interesting to see what the response would be if a ‘passport’ was required for the first Brighton home game that allowed fans in ..poll?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
please write to your MP, probably a conservative in sussex, pointing out the contradiction of allowing the half population with a vaccine doesnt open up economy, and how it punishes the younger population that have willingly given up so much to protect the elderly at risk. dont get political, dont get anti-vax, just stick to the simple unfairness and un-britishness of it.

oh, and ask who will be staffing the venues?

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yep, try being 25-30 and not meeting up with one single girl for a whole year. The older people with partners have no idea how good they’ve had it. Can you imagine them being told that they couldn’t meet up with women for a whole year when they were in the prime of their life? Oh, I’m sure they would’ve been just as compliant as they are now :ffsparr: They have no idea of the affect that it’s had on the younger generations, no wonder the suicide rate has increased, all because of this poxy lockdown.

No, not due to a poxy lockdown, it was due to a global pandemic. That might have escaped you.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The young especially uni students have already been royally screwed over so less of the martyr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, they haven’t. There is a global pandemic and they just happen to be that age at the moment. It’s circumstances and we can’t fail to protect society because we are worried about their ‘rights.’ Past generations were unfortunate enough to be young during wars or previous pandemics. It is what it is. I would still rather be 20 than 54 right now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I wonder who has suffered the most.

1. Young'uns who have had a frustrating year or so, but have many decades ahead of them when this all blows over.
2. Old'uns who were enjoying their twilight years but caught a virus and died, losing all of their remaining life.
3. Folk of any age who caught the virus, survived, but are suffering debilitating symptoms that could remain with them for many years.

(I have a daughter who turned 18 through this and the impact on her has been signifiant. But I would much rather have been 18 than 80 when this happened.)

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
No, not due to a poxy lockdown, it was due to a global pandemic. That might have escaped you.

Well, yes, it was due to a lockdown that didn’t need to happen and has probably killed more people than it was meant to save. No evidence that lockdowns work. There was a pandemic that lasted about a month. I dread to think how many people you’ve killed over the years whilst you’ve unwitting passed flu on, I’m sure you are aware that flu kills people?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
no wonder the suicide rate has increased, all because of this poxy lockdown.

Do you have a link to a study or statistics on that please, as everything I have read has suggested that this has been just social media made-up nonsense.

"Nevertheless, a reasonably consistent picture is beginning to emerge from high income countries. Reports suggest either no rise in suicide rates (Massachusetts, USA11; Victoria, Australia13; England14) or a fall (Japan,9 Norway15) in the early months of the pandemic."

Source: https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/03/1...been-the-effect-of-covid-19-on-suicide-rates/

"Not a week passes without a story in the press about the impact of covid-19 on suicide. Claims on social media seem to appear daily. A year into the pandemic, what is the evidence? The short answer is that there has been little effect.

Actual figures, though, took months to appear. Now we have reports from several countries, based on national or state-level suicide data. They come from Australia, New Zealand, the USA, Canada, Peru, Norway and Sweden—high income countries in most cases—and they carry a consistent message. Suicide rates have not risen."

Source: https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/03/1...been-the-effect-of-covid-19-on-suicide-rates/

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
Out of interest, in the European countries that do have id cards, how often are people asked to show them to the authorities? Spain, Germany, Belgium, Greece etc... Doesn't seem to be a major rebellion about how those Police States control their populace!!

I've lived in Austria for 12 years. I've shown my drivers license once, but never been asked for my ID card.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If the Gov could be trusted I’m not sure people would have much of an issue with this for a sort term Answer, however they can’t.

It’s already clear it’s not going to be based on anything that make sense, no pubs - but cinemas? How does that make sense ?

I’ve seen a report that Unvaxed people will be sitting in different areas, is that even based on science? Surely you would want a mixture as a buffer?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wonder who has suffered the most.

1. Young'uns who have had a frustrating year or so, but have many decades ahead of them when this all blows over.
2. Old'uns who were enjoying their twilight years but caught a virus and died, losing all of their remaining life.
3. Folk of any age who caught the virus, survived, but are suffering debilitating symptoms that could remain with them for many years.

(I have a daughter who turned 18 through this and the impact on her has been signifiant. But I would much rather have been 18 than 80 when this happened.)

Fortunately it’s not a competition over who has suffered most...I don’t belong in any of the camps you mention and would say all have suffered greatly just in different ways and personally grateful I’m not in either.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Do you have a link to a study or statistics on that please, as everything I have read has suggested that this has been just social media made-up nonsense.

"Nevertheless, a reasonably consistent picture is beginning to emerge from high income countries. Reports suggest either no rise in suicide rates (Massachusetts, USA11; Victoria, Australia13; England14) or a fall (Japan,9 Norway15) in the early months of the pandemic."

"Not a week passes without a story in the press about the impact of covid-19 on suicide. Claims on social media seem to appear daily. A year into the pandemic, what is the evidence? The short answer is that there has been little effect.

Actual figures, though, took months to appear. Now we have reports from several countries, based on national or state-level suicide data. They come from Australia, New Zealand, the USA, Canada, Peru, Norway and Sweden—high income countries in most cases—and they carry a consistent message. Suicide rates have not risen."

Fair enough, happy to be proven wrong on that :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fortunately it’s not a competition over who has suffered most...I don’t belong in any of the camps you mention and would say both have suffered greatly just in different ways and personally grateful I’m not in either

Of course - there will be very few people who haven't been touched by this in any detrimental way at all, and I wasn't suggesting we conduct a "misery off" to see who has had it worst. I was merely responding to "The young especially uni students have already been royally screwed over".

But, if I had to choose, I would rather have been 18 at the beginning of 2020 than 80.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So for someone like me who won’t be offered a vaccine till at least July, the only way for the young generations to get a ‘green’ pass is to naturally become infected? What a dangerous road to go down,

In addition to this, I worked in a theatre up until last year, so what about all the people under 30/40 who work in football stadiums etc? Will they have to be tested 7 days a week?

Trust me, once you’ve had one of those bloody swaps stuck half way into the back of your head, you won’t be wanting to do it twice weekly, this is ANOTHER policy designed to segregate and pit sections of society against each other.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Of course - there will be very few people who haven't been touched by this in any detrimental way at all, and I wasn't suggesting we conduct a "misery off" to see who has had it worst. I was merely responding to "The young especially uni students have already been royally screwed over".

But, if I had to choose, I would rather have been 18 at the beginning of 2020 than 80.

Yes I understand where you are coming from....me personally I find it hard to make any choice as they are all so different

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
You stated something as fact - can you link to where you got that information please - I'd like to read it.

I thought it was common knowledge, sure I’d seen it reported on a few well known media platforms and, like you say, social media, just in the same way people follow the ‘pandemic’.

Like I said, very pleased that it wasn’t the case.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Temporary...ye right

Sunset clause just confirmed by a minister.

Look, this is Bojo we’re taking about here. His family motto is:

‘I do what I want, when I want’.

He hates social distancing with a passion. This passport is our ticket out of these restrictions ASAP. There’d be no social distancing in places with the passport (which you can get by having a jab, historical positive test or very recent negative test.

This means we could have a full Amex for the beginning of next season!

Bring it on!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You stated something as fact - can you link to where you got that information please - I'd like to read it.

It’s good to challenge such a significant statement...i dont think anyone would disagree that mental health amongst all of us has suffered greatly ....and that how the young have suffered is perhaps different to say someone in their 40’s

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the true suicide figure for the last year wouldn’t be known for a while due to the need for the result of an inquest before a suicide is classified as such and there is a backlog (I could be wrong) ...anyway below is are extracts from one article by the BMJ which I believe you quoted ....one of concern and one reassuring....

“Trends in certain groups may be hidden when looking at overall rates, and the National Child Mortality Database has identified a concerning signal that deaths by suicide among under 18s may have increased during the first phase of lockdown in the UK.16l

“It is still too early to say what the ultimate effect of the pandemic will be on suicide rates. Data so far provide some reassurance, but the overall picture is complex. The pandemic has had variable effects globally, within countries and across communities, so a universal effect on suicide rates is unlikely. The impact on suicide will vary over time and differ according to national gross domestic product and individual characteristics such as socioeconomic position, ethnicity, and mental health.”

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4352

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here