Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Vaccine-status Certifications" may be required to attend sporting events

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Things aren't necessarily just between you and your GP. Covid-19 is now a notifiable disease -
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notifia...sms-how-to-report#list-of-notifiable-diseases
........and has to be reported by law, including your personal details -
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notifia...s-cov-2-test-results-to-public-health-england

Anyway, I quite like the idea of anti-vaxxers and Covid deniers and free thinking libertarians who think that wearing masks and following Covid rules doesn't apply to them being told, no, you can't come in.

Telling the health authority that you have a notifiable disease is completely different to showing part of your medical history to John, the landlord of the Dog and Duck, part of your medical records.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So we’ll be spending out a huge amount of money for something I’m not sure will be used for that long, when practically no one has the virus. Just not convinced it’s worth it.

Surely they’ll just stick test evidence/vaccine certification on the existing NHS and/or Patient Access app?

It can’t be anything like as expensive as the failed track and trace fiasco.

We have to have nightclubs and events (at capacity) open ASAP, it’s probably cheaper to get this scheme going than continue to support the events industry.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Telling the health authority that you have a notifiable disease is completely different to showing part of your medical history to John, the landlord of the Dog and Duck, part of your medical records.

John is welcome to see my medical records anytime he likes. Something to chat about over a pint in his pub. Something tells me though that his only interest in the subject would be in protecting his other customers from Covid.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
:shrug:
Doesn't bother me (although it isn't going to apply to pubs anyway).

Still like the idea of anti-vaxxers and Covid deniers and free thinking libertarians who think that wearing masks and following Covid rules doesn't apply to them being told, no, you can't come in.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
John is welcome to see my medical records anytime he likes. Something to chat about over a pint in his pub. Something tells me though that his only interest in the subject would be in protecting his other customers from Covid.

I’m with you on this, not that there will ever be a time that John will need to see my medical records, have i been vaccinated against Covid 19, possible but not my medical records, I would say some people will be nervous about this and I respect that

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Surely they’ll just stick test evidence/vaccine certification on the existing NHS and/or Patient Access app?

It can’t be anything like as expensive as the failed track and trace fiasco.

We have to have nightclubs and events (at capacity) open ASAP, it’s probably cheaper to get this scheme going than continue to support the events industry.

Could be wrong but thought I had seen it was going to be a completely new app that will take a good few months to get sorted (and still probably not work...)

I guess my point was that this might not be in place for another few months, by which point it should be (relatively) safe to have all these things open anyway.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

"I see you have no history of liver problems"
"That's correct"
"Sorry sir, this is an alcoholics only establishment now, we're trying to make up for lost income"

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I thought it was all an ‘conspiracy’:ffsparr:

Could see this coming from a mile off.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
We already have ID cards, they're called mobile phones.

They say where we are, where we've been, and what we've done.
Our phones are linked to information bases that know more about each of us than we know ourselves.

I know it makes me a bad citizen but I can't be arsed to fight it

Agreed. The Amex is already cashless, and many other places will surely follow. Using a credit/ debit card tracks your movements and purchase history. Surely the vast majority of people have cards so are already in 'the system'. Criminals will have fake account cards, and should ID cards ever be introduced will get fake copies of those too.

I too can't be arsed to object.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
"I see you have no history of liver problems"
"That's correct"
"Sorry sir, this is an alcoholics only establishment now, we're trying to make up for lost income"

Obviously you jest but let's go back to the 80's when Aids was the issue. Many people - government included - thought you could catch it via touching. A myth dispelled by Princess Diana. Yet, would 'normal folk' have accepted a goverment diktack to say you had to be Aids free to enter a club and prove it with a test ? Some of the replies on here suggest they would.

'Passports' are a massive step in that direction.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The young who have sacrificed so much to protect the old now being shut out of society through no fault of their own, is it? Can’t see this holding up well against discrimination legislation.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Obviously you jest but let's go back to the 80's when Aids was the issue. Many people - government included - thought you could catch it via touching. A myth dispelled by Princess Diana. Yet, would 'normal folk' have accepted a goverment diktack to say you had to be Aids free to enter a club and prove it with a test ? Some of the replies on here suggest they would.

Yes I'm joking of course, but the point is both that most landlords won't want to know your medical history, but that a pub vaccine passport would effectively allow them to demand it.

As per the thread that was on here earlier I actually think evidence of vaccination for international travel (in and out) would be a good short term measure, but not for the pub and not for the football.

However, it seems from the OP that pubs are out of scope.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Your comparison doesn’t work because the science on Covid transmission is not disputed, even by the ignorant. Also we are talking about a passport that merely shows you have had the vaccine. If an AIDS vaccine had been available in the 80s it would similarly have saved lives and there would also have been a massive pubic health interest in providing passports to prove vaccine status. As per usual when a libertarian argument is presented you are only caring about your own ‘right’ not to have to prove your vaccine status. You don’t seem concerned about the ‘rights’ of the community to be protected from anti vaxxers and their potential exposure to Covid.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The young who have sacrificed so much to protect the old now being shut out of society through no fault of their own, is it? Can’t see this holding up well against discrimination legislation.

Ironic is it not that the younger generation who those over 50 think are ‘woke wet wipes who are pathetic whiny PC fools’ are going take yet another one on the chin so that the over 50’s can have a beer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ironic is it not that the younger generation who those over 50 think are ‘woke wet wipes who are pathetic whiny PC fools’ are going take yet another one on the chin so that the over 50’s can have a beer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not according to the OP. The stuff on here about pubs is theoretical and relates to the debate about libertarianism. No need for you youngsters to play the martyr just yet.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010

It's hardly handing over your medical history. It's one of three options: 1) You have proof of vaccination 2) You have a legitimate exemption 3) You have chosen not to have the vaccine.

If it's option 3, let's face it, you'd have probably told John the landlord (and anyone else in the dog and duck who would listen) that you'd bravely made the decision to not have the vaccine regardless of whether you need proof of vaccination or not.

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Everyone has the right to catch a deadly disease however dumb that sounds. What they don't have is the right to spread that to other people.

One of the main things that this pandemic has shown in this country is that whilst the vast majority can see the bigger picture, there are still those that don't.

Pretty much every right that people claim to have comes with a matching responsibility.

If a temporary passports get's things moving back to 'normal' quicker then I'm for it. There are plenty of people that are happy to travel to places that require proof of vaccination against other diseases but baulk at the idea on a domestic basis.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'd be amazed if IDs cards were introduced in any shape or form in this country. They've been tried in the face of terrorism and that failed.

It's one of the few things that binds the country together. We don't want to show "our papers" (except at the airport) and we are still very very good at queuing.

Out of interest, in the European countries that do have id cards, how often are people asked to show them to the authorities? Spain, Germany, Belgium, Greece etc... Doesn't seem to be a major rebellion about how those Police States control their populace!!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Yep, try being 25-30 and not meeting up with one single girl for a whole year. The older people with partners have no idea how good they’ve had it. Can you imagine them being told that they couldn’t meet up with women for a whole year when they were in the prime of their life? Oh, I’m sure they would’ve been just as compliant as they are now :ffsparr: They have no idea of the affect that it’s had on the younger generations, no wonder the suicide rate has increased, all because of this poxy lockdown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here