Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I haven't a problem with any of the Covid passport stuff to show that you're double jabbed by having a unique QR code on your phone.

However I can't get my head around showing the result of a lateral flow test that you have self-administered.
Isn't this worthless, a bit like making yourself the examiner of your own driving test?

What could possibly go wrong?

Shhhh…I’m hoping this way will be possible

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
And what happens when the app doesn't play ball? I downloaded the app a while back and checked that it showed my vaccination status - all good then. Off the back of reading this thread I just went into the app and although all of the other services are working fine if I try 'Get your NHS COVID Pass' then I just get a 'Login failed' message. I'd be pretty pissed off if the crapness of the app stops me getting into the ground

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
And what happens when the app doesn't play ball? I downloaded the app a while back and checked that it showed my vaccination status - all good then. Off the back of reading this thread I just went into the app and although all of the other services are working fine if I try 'Get your NHS COVID Pass' then I just get a 'Login failed' message. I'd be pretty pissed off if the crapness of the app stops me getting into the ground

I just tried too on the NHS app, I got the same. I'm sure it will be fine in a bit. I'm not getting too stressed 3+ weeks before a game.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

hopefully the club and other venues will give you the benefit of the doubt. though it depends on those not getting vaccinated, if they are routinely gaming the process, pretending to have problems, venues will be strict about it and you'll get refused.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I just tried too on the NHS app, I got the same. I'm sure it will be fine in a bit. I'm not getting too stressed 3+ weeks before a game.

I’ve just tried and got a message that the NHS covid-19 status service is currently unavailable. Tried again and appears to be working again now. Guess they turned it off and on again.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is this the right thread to find out how to still get in using someone else’s ticket when you can’t be bothered to get vaccinated?

^pulls up chair and waits*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun

Having now tried the 'online COVID pass service' on my mobile I was able to get a barcode which expires in 4 weeks which I could load into the Apple wallet where it now sits alongside my Watford ticket. Kinda makes the NHS app a bit redundant though - and now I've done that my COVID pass on the app is now mysteriously working. Looks as if you have to do this regularly else it doesn't work. Nice of them to tell you that ...

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

I just checked and had the same problem, but logged out (with the "Log out" button) and back in again and it's now working.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Having now tried the 'online COVID pass service' on my mobile I was able to get a barcode which expires in 4 weeks which I could load into the Apple wallet where it now sits alongside my Watford ticket. Kinda makes the NHS app a bit redundant though - and now I've done that my COVID pass on the app is now mysteriously working. Looks as if you have to do this regularly else it doesn't work. Nice of them to tell you that ...

Yup, working OK now. Just d/l a PDF to my phone as a back up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

On iPhone you can download a pdf copy of your pass to files and then retrieve it from the “Files” app.

On the NHS app have you tried logging out and back in again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
To avoid not getting signal etc. at the ground I'd probably download the barcode as a pdf via the app in advance. The download lasts for a month so need to repeat month by month etc.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
nhs.JPG

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The NHS app have a QR code to show covid status, and there is suggestion Premier League clubs will get access to that database to verify QR codes when scanned

strikes me that it the way to do it. Also don't see why anyone over 18 has not had at least one jab by now as they have been available.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Reminder that with the NHS test for the app you can put any result you want as long as you have a barcode for the test!!(As well as the lateral flow tests being hopeless.)

All seems a bit pointless.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

This is why I've already got a paper copy of my vaccination certificate:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I have just downloaded my COVID (Domestic) Pass from the NHS app directly to my Apple Wallet.

It now sits quite nicely next to my season ticket in one place. Very convenient.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here