Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sounds like Southampton had issues with fans getting in

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This is exactly what I envisaged - especially after I paid a visit to the club shop earlier in the week and saw fencing up with just one small gap where I assumed checks would take place.

View attachment 139670

Not sure if it was like this yesterday as I travel with Seagull Travel so approached from opposite end and joined a bit of a queue at WSU south end.

Wasn’t there yesterday when I came out of the station.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very strange. Made sure before I left I had everything. Arrived off bus at 4.25 Joined a very long queue and was concerned would miss kick off. However a steward was walking along telling everybody to have ticket ready. Were clearly hurrying people along. Steward was right nothing else was looked at. I have a plastic ticket with photo on it and it could have been anybodys ticket as nobody looked at it.
Can only think somebody was concerned many would miss kick off and instructed stewards to get everybody in

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems like the quickest way to weed out the wise guys would be to ask for photo id first. If they spin some old yarn as to why they haven't got it then don't even bother proceeding to the faked lateral flow test stage if they could even be arsed to fake it rather than just blag it. Only way they'll learn. Well the brighter ones anyway :wave:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It looks like it was chaos getting into St.Mary's for Southampton's game with United.
Southampton have issued a statement saying they will refund all general admission tickets.

Lots of complaints about ground admission from Palace fans following yesterday’s 0-0 with Brentford too. Apparently the ticketing system worked fine, meaning supporters had to endure the full 90 minutes.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Sure did, now saying they are refunding everyone due to lateness in getting in.
Anyone know if it was down to E-Tickets not working or covid checks.

Apparently the digital readers failed on some turnstiles. Could you imagine that happening all over the ground on a match day? Carnage.

Should have had a back up plan.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Interesting … I wonder why it was up earlier in the week then :shrug:

That's been there since lockdowns started in 2020 hasn't it? Private property round the ground and they've been restricting access. Think it was first put in place for the matches played without fans to keep them away. See the signs about covid checks on either side? They were still in place yesterday but the rest of it wasn't. Was exactly where I assumed there would be loads of stewards asking to see covid passes but it was just wide open.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Seems like the quickest way to weed out the wise guys would be to ask for photo id first. If they spin some old yarn as to why they haven't got it then don't even bother proceeding to the faked lateral flow test stage if they could even be arsed to fake it rather than just blag it. Only way they'll learn. Well the brighter ones anyway :wave:

That’s a decent idea, like it.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
That's been there since lockdowns started in 2020 hasn't it? Private property round the ground and they've been restricting access. Think it was first put in place for the matches played without fans to keep them away. See the signs about covid checks on either side? They were still in place yesterday but the rest of it wasn't. Was exactly where I assumed there would be loads of stewards asking to see covid passes but it was just wide open.

Ah thanks … that makes sense :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I’m coming down next week for Everton and just want a bit of clarification on what I need to bring? As far as I can tell I need the bit of paper that says when I got both my jabs? With that do I also need a recent test to accompany that too?

I’d take a look at the numerous emails from the club, as well as the info on the club website.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I’m coming down next week for Everton and just want a bit of clarification on what I need to bring? As far as I can tell I need the bit of paper that says when I got both my jabs? With that do I also need a recent test to accompany that too?

No, no you don't. Tho might be a courtesy to your fellow fans, and reassurance to yourself and your immediate circle that you've not picked up the vurus recently, despite being double-jabbed. But the short answer is No

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Very strange. Made sure before I left I had everything. Arrived off bus at 4.25 Joined a very long queue and was concerned would miss kick off. However a steward was walking along telling everybody to have ticket ready. Were clearly hurrying people along. Steward was right nothing else was looked at. I have a plastic ticket with photo on it and it could have been anybodys ticket as nobody looked at it.
Can only think somebody was concerned many would miss kick off and instructed stewards to get everybody in

That was exactly my experience, clearly had nothing to do with people not having the right information to hand, more with the club not setting up a system with enough people to cope with the checks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here