Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

V Festival, what did you think ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Watched this on and off over the weekend, pity about the sound.

Thought Faithless were outstanding and Go Team and Paul Weller delivered. Kasbian were good too but the rest just made up the numbers as far as I'm concerend. However, Rufus Wainwright, what's the big deal ?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I thought Kasabian were utter shite, That lead singer of theirs makes me want to punch something plus it stopped us form seeing extended higlights of radiohead who are by far and away the best live band ever.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm a bit worried about 'Empire' the single, hope the rest of the new Kasabian album is less dad-rock.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

(edited to say 'Bollocks - what idiot messageboard designer put the 'Edit' button right next to the 'Quote' button' :angry: )

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
bhaexpress said:
Watched this on and off over the weekend, pity about the sound.

Thought Faithless were outstanding and Go Team and Paul Weller delivered. Kasbian were good too but the rest just made up the numbers as far as I'm concerend. However, Rufus Wainwright, what's the big deal ?

Faithless are fantastic and Maxi Jazz is a massive palace fan so you have got to love them!

;)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Its the weekend of adult MOR or childish yawns. The sort that leaves my imaginative cells crippled and creased. Kasabian make me angry with their unartistic braggadocio posteur and their words written in secret behind on constant sickly canvass.

gull45

Mar 10, 2006
Lush said:
Morrissey blew everyone else out of the water as far as I could see.

I agree, would have loved to have been there but "work" commitments :(
Rest of the line up seemed ok, Jamie T is pretty good and go team rule!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Northstander said:
Have to say Hard-fi were pretty good too!

I forgot them, why has everybody suddenly started to knock them ? Personally I reckon they're a pretty good outfit and totally undeserving of a lot of the abuse they get on here.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Radiohead, Morrissey, Bloc Party, Delays, James Dean Bradfield, Upper Room, Morning Runner were some of my hightlights.

Morrissey was amazing. Nearly everyone went to watch Razorlight though. I've never been able to get near the front for a headliner so easy! Good weekend of music but the usual chav crowd for V at Chelmsford!

Oct 25, 2003
bhaexpress said:
I forgot them, why has everybody suddenly started to knock them ? Personally I reckon they're a pretty good outfit and totally undeserving of a lot of the abuse they get on here.

i don't even mind their music- its not bad...not great, but not bad

it's just their lead singer annoys me beyond belief, and i therefore find myself hating them with a passion

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I knock Hard-fi because they're a Witherspoons Saturday Night Orchestra who sing with the strengths of Matrix 2 and 3. A 2006 mildly electronic new Kids on the Block with the faces of medium youngsters who've just missed the bus they were going to tag a word like FEELERS on.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The crowd at Chelmsford at V last year has to be the worst I have come across for any festival of that size ever, it has put me off ever going there again. Shame because the first few years were spot on.

Saw some of it on tv, nothing looked that great imo.

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
Got back from V Chelmsford earlier today, it was a quality weekend of music. To see so many great bands and artists in such a short space of time was just immense. Highlights for me were Dead 60s, The Rifles, Kasabian, Dogs, The Go! Team, Faithless and Morrissey.

Song of the festival though was 'In The Crowd' by Weller assisted by the drum solo by Stevie White which followed which was just mindblowing.

And Morrissey opening with 'Panic' was also up there as a well special moment!

Did anyone record the highlights that were on CH4 on Saturday night?
My girlfriend went and she was right at the front of the stage for the Charlatans set at Weston Park, she was on the big screen for a while and may be on the telly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here