Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Usual crap resumed.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I'll give the fans 2 months before the usual and needless slating begins!

One Game one loss...I personally am not worried and confident we will not have a similar season to last year.

We have an entire new squad, time and bedding in springs to mind. But then what do I know, Im just a football fan!

Give the lads the break and get behind them FFS

:angry:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
So why is winning away to Brentford more important than winning at home to Walsall?

Please tell.........

Its not.

My statement related to moving on in general, from today, where I surmise that winning away at Brentford is more important than Swansea in the league cup.

But if you want me to be petty then its more important to me because I will actually be there.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

One Game one loss...I personally am not worried and confident we will not have a similar season to last year.

We have an entire new squad, time and bedding in springs to mind. But then what do I know, Im just a football fan!

I'm not even bothering to resurrect my "Slade's record" thread ???

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
from what i saw, result aside we looked ok. Not so much hoofing from the defence or in general, mark wright looks a very good signing and dickinson although a little lethargic looks pretty strong and came close to scoring a screamer from distance. Only real negative for me was the lack of urgency from our defence and the score ofcourse. Plenty of time for the team to find their chemistry though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Was interesting to see another new side Huddersfield come from 2 down , I don't buy all this bedding in talk. I also heard today weather hot and first fitness. Isn't it the same for both sides etc etc.

That said , 2nd half better and doubt Slade will readily use the 4 5 1 at home for a while. Few worrying signs as mentioned by the lack of goals. Not scoring when on top whether it be the beginging middle or end of a season is never a good sign.

Brentford next , lets come out guns blazing from the off

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Looked much better when 442, hopefully other teams will not stick 11 men behind the ball and waste 25 minutes of the game and we will win more home games.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Throw in Whing's spastic moment and you've got a nightmare start.[/QUOTE said:
At the risk of being completely piloried this early in the season - I have never rated Whing...

Aside from his whole hearted approach, I have never been convinced by his defensive attributes. Tends to do most things adequately, but then equally happy to have a funny five minutes per game and cost us points.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
At the risk of being completely piloried this early in the season - I have never rated Whing...

Aside from his whole hearted approach, I have never been convinced by his defensive attributes. Tends to do most things adequately, but then equally happy to have a funny five minutes per game and cost us points.

partially agree, his passing last year is woeful. Has cost us a fair bit. Has also saved us so guess it evens out.

In a shit team he won player of the season but if anyone takes off their whingy worshipping glasse's off will agree he as the hype "on here" suggests

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
partially agree, his passing last year is woeful. Has cost us a fair bit. Has also saved us so guess it evens out.

In a shit team he won player of the season but if anyone takes off their whingy worshipping glasse's off will agree he as the hype "on here" suggests

I think the worshipping glasses stem simply from his never give up attitude.

Like you say, it probably evens out over a season. As I wasn't there today will have to wait and see, but would guess the own goal stemmed from him being in the thick of the action trying to do his best.

Will never be unduly criticise anyone who does that, much better than some players that tend to go missing in games.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Is it just me or did we actually play fairly well? Yes we lost 1-0, a moment of madness at the back from Whing but we had plenty of chances all of which were wasted.
There are alot of positives to take from today. The new signings looked good and we played some fairly decent stuff.
Roll on Swansea :albion2:

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Its not.

But if you want me to be petty then its more important to me because I will actually be there.

I wasn't being petty at all.

Simply asked the question, which a couple before correctly called for you.

But I will be start to be f***ing petty when people start the crap of ' I'll be there'.

Who do you think you are, The Jacksons?

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Is it just me or did we actually play fairly well? Yes we lost 1-0, a moment of madness at the back from Whing but we had plenty of chances all of which were wasted.
There are alot of positives to take from today. The new signings looked good and we played some fairly decent stuff.
Roll on Swansea :albion2:

I completely agree, we were by far the better team and deserved to win. Sure, things didn't always link up, but only one team tried to play football, and with a bit more penetration we would have had a hatfull.

And this from a team playing their first competitive game together. Can't believe anyone can start complaining already.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Its results that matter.

get a grip, yes results matter but if we play the way we did in 2nd half today the results will come. Pretty much every time we conceded last season the team looked beaten, however today was different in that we chased and worked without stopping. Try listening to what has been said by slade and bloom about rebuilding the squad and that it will take TIME.:flounce:

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I agree we we're bad, and i was disappointed to see the see the same old, no shutting down, always static and no usage of the wing, but give it a few weeks at least for god sake !

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
just got back from the game...

first half was pretty even, no team really settled or created many chances and the own goal was just unfortunate. whing had a pretty good game other than that.

For the first 20 minutes of the second half we were all over them creating some very good chances but just couldnt hit the back of the net.

and for the rest of the second half wallsall just sat in their own half, wasted time, and just slowed the game right down so they could run off with an undeserved 3 points.... a draw would have been a fair result. we didnt by any means play poorly. and since its the first game of the season i will say this is a good base to improve on...

Dickinson looks very good. and a lot faster than i expected. looks a decent signing.

Mark Wright played well on the wing creating some good chances and running at defenders.

Forster also looked good upfront and probably should have scored.

A few negatives i can think of are that the midfield were too static for most of the game, not enough movement from the likes of crofts and navarro. and some players were getting caught out of position, e.g. cox playing too central at times so we have no winger. and we didnt shut them down quick enough, leaving them plenty of time to pass the ball around and compose themselves.

we looked very dangerous when cox and wright stayed out wide and ran at defenders, but the second our wingers came in central we looked bunched and unorganised...

the big difference between the first and second half was that we started with a 4-5-1 which just didnt work or create any chances for us, then second half we switch to 4-4-2 and immediately looked dangerous....

so basically there were some negatives and some positives to come from the game, a draw would have been a fair result...

but i guess its results that matter so a 1-0 loss to wallsall is not good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here