Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Useless football trivia -impress your friends at dinner parties

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
A riddle I found online but dont know the definate answer to:

"What enters the field of play in a football match at half-time, but doesn't leave until the match is over? If it's a Saturday match it leaves after the game, but if it's a mid-week game it remains until the next day... and it only happens in the English Premiership, not in Scotland or the lower divisions..."

Any ideas??

something to do with flags?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

"What enters the field of play in a football match at half-time, but doesn't leave until the match is over? If it's a Saturday match it leaves after the game, but if it's a mid-week game it remains until the next day... and it only happens in the English Premiership, not in Scotland or the lower divisions..."

Any ideas??

Don't know. But would love to know!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Any ideas??

There is no actual answer to it - someone made this question up but there never was a right answer to it.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Two teams that share the same 'tool' nickname in England and Scotland

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Here's a good one I just found out... two football teams in England with the same name from the same town..... one in the league, one has never played professional yet it is the amateur team that is the oldest by more than 20 years. Oh and big clue the professional one has just won promotion.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
:bounce:

which is the only team that is allowed to have their club badge displayer on their corner flags?and why?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Name the only side to have played in the old division 4 where all the players had identical surnames ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here