Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

USA losing the propoganda war??

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
some wise words in here [MENTION=1313]BadFish[/MENTION], alas, many are playing catch up

the usa model has probably the worst way for humans to live in any sort of authenticity in the history of the universe. and you call it successful?

Er yea sure, maybe the USA has been brilliant at keeping its Gulags and Concentration camps hidden? Maybe you could help find them?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Afghanistan= September 11
Iraq= Not sure, ask Blair if hes not to busy counting his money/Axis of evil
Iran=Religous crazies

And the reasons for September 11?

I have to go and get stuff done, but will be back later. Nice talking to you Looney.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Er yea sure, maybe the USA has been brilliant at keeping its Gulags and Concentration camps hidden? Maybe you could help find them?

I think they are in Cuba.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Actually that's not quite correct. It is true that during wars countries can suffer greatly in economical. Conversley though once the war is over that often leads to an absolute boon for economic growth as there's often so much internal infrastructure that needs to be replaced the need for labour increases greatly and as such unemployment drops and the consumers confidence to spend increases.

Japan is a prime example of this in play.

Are you advocating carpet bombing countries to generate an economic boom?

Seriously though, what happened in Japan is what should of been done in Iraq. The USA did have a longterm plan to rebuild Japan and Japan did retain a lot of its infrastructure, what was added was massive amounts of aid with policies and agreements that didn't rub the Japs up the wrong way.

airman

Patriae Fidus
Jan 25, 2012
Salisbury Plain
China are buying the lions share of the Afghan oil.

I'm here, as fighting here keeps the fight off the streets of my home nation.

I was in Iraq also ... glad I did that, I've never known petrol prices so low ... oh, wait ...

Impending war in Iran? Dangit, you mean I'll keep having to come this way beyond 2014? No rest for the wicked.

I look forward to the perfect coffee thread, any time on Tuesday works for me.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Are you advocating carpet bombing countries to generate an economic boom?

Seriously though, what happened in Japan is what should of been done in Iraq. The USA did have a longterm plan to rebuild Japan and Japan did retain a lot of its infrastructure, what was added was massive amounts of aid with policies and agreements that didn't rub the Japs up the wrong way.

I'm not advocating it no.

Merely pointing out that some wars do have a positive economical effect on a nation.

The USA caused a lot of the destruction throughout Japan and Germany, but they also aided in help rebuild them both into economical power houses.

What the USA did with Japan and Germany after WW2 was actually quite wise.

Part of the reason WW2 occured was because of the harsh penalties placed on Germany after WW1 which had financial impacts and helped grow a generation of people resentful at this treatment.

By helping Germany and Japan rebuild the USA created wealth which created better living conditions on the whole for the rest of the population.

airman

Patriae Fidus
Jan 25, 2012
Salisbury Plain
I'm not advocating it no.

Merely pointing out that some wars do have a positive economical effect on a nation.

The USA caused a lot of the destruction throughout Japan and Germany, but they also aided in help rebuild them both into economical power houses.

What the USA did with Japan and Germany after WW2 was actually quite wise.

Part of the reason WW2 occured was because of the harsh penalties placed on Germany after WW1 which had financial impacts and helped grow a generation of people resentful at this treatment.

By helping Germany and Japan rebuild the USA created wealth which created better living conditions on the whole for the rest of the population.

Two world wars in half a century didn't do our treasury much good.

However, I think the argument that war is a necessary part of the capitalist way of life has been proven by greater thinkers than I. It does overall stimulate economic growth and technological advances.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
er... the link in OP is nearly a year old. we won today. do you have a revelent point?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Two world wars in half a century didn't do our treasury much good.

However, I think the argument that war is a necessary part of the capitalist way of life has been proven by greater thinkers than I. It does overall stimulate economic growth and technological advances.

http://www.businesspundit.com/the-25-most-vicious-iraq-war-profiteers/

Halliburton’s KBR, Inc. division bilked government agencies to the tune of $17.2 billion in Iraq war-related revenue from 2003-2006 alone. This is estimated to comprise a whopping one-fifth of KBR’s total revenue for the 2006 fiscal year.

This is just the latest in a long string of military/KBR wartime partnerships, thanks in no small part to Dick Cheney’s former role with the parent company.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here